Job description / Role
Think bigger scale. Think higher profile. Think ground-breaking. Join WSP, and you’ll be at the heart of a team of international experts all dedicated to growing and sharing their expertise, and working on projects that transform society for all of us.
WSP are looking for a Section Engineer - Utilities to join the construction supervision team for a major highway upgrade project in Kuwait.
The key objectives of the role are to:
• Direct Section staff including assistant section engineers and inspectors
• Prepare inspection check lists for work items and perform acceptance inspections for completed works
• Liaise with relevant authority regarding the quality of work and final inspection
• Ensure that safety measures are taken on site
• Record contractor’s activity on site
• Review as-built drawings prepared by the contractor
• Check contractor’s shop drawings and method statements
• Prepare daily reports
• Assist in preparation of QS reports for Section Works
• Work with the Material Engineer to ensure that the required material testing is scheduled properly and carried out and reported
• Initiate and draft variation orders necessitated during the works
In order to meet the challenge you will have the following skills and experience:
• Degree in Civil Engineering
• Minimum 15 years of experience
• Experience in Storm Water Drainage & Sewerage in roads construction supervision projects.
About the Company
WSP is one of the world's leading engineering professional services consulting firms. We are dedicated to our local communities and propelled by international brainpower. We are technical experts and strategic advisors including engineers, technicians, scientists, architects, planners, surveyors and environmental specialists, as well as other design, program and construction management professionals. We design lasting solutions in the Property & Buildings, Transportation & Infrastructure, Environment, Industry, Resources (including Mining and Oil & Gas) and Power & Energy sectors as well as project delivery and strategic consulting services. With 36,000 talented people in more than 500 offices across 40 countries, we engineer projects that will help societies grow for lifetimes to come.
Section Engineer - Highways
Section Engineer - Structures
Senior Civil Engineer / Inspector
Dar Al Handasah Nazih Taleb & Partners (DAHNT)
|Abu Dhabi||3 May|
Section Engineer - Scheduler