This position is closed or expired.
See other R&D jobs
DETAILS OF POSITION
Position Title: Senior Development Geologist
Department: Head Office Technology Group
Reports to (Position Title): Technical Director Geology
POSITION OBJECTIVE / PURPOSE
Member of a multi-disciplinary asset evaluation team with focus on time lines. The candidate will use their thorough understanding of different development stages, from near field exploration through to appraisal and development, in preparing and implementing field development plans. They will analyze, interpret and integrate petrophysical, geophysical, reservoir and production data with geology to establish and update geological frameworks and models.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES / ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Understanding of the data limitations, subsurface uncertainties and risks and documentation of the same
2. Build geological models using regional geology, structural, sequence stratigraphy, well information
3. Integration of geology, geophysics, reservoir and production information to build a realistic static model.
4. Estimation of in place hydrocarbon volumes either deterministically using low, mid and high case scenarios, or probabilistically using Montecarlo simulation. All estimates to comply with SPE reserves guidelines, with appropriate documentation and audit trail
5. Prepare comprehensive predrill and postdrill documentation, monitor drilling activities and suggest timely course correction.
6. Propose, develop and follow up technical studies undertaken by external contractors and head office teams
7. Evaluate potential new venture opportunities as required, attend data reviews; provide reports, analyses and advice to management
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS/AREAS
• Provide sound and timely geological analysis and input to the HO and regional project teams
• Meet required project deadlines
• Provide quick and constructive comments & recommendations on geological recommendations and AFE’s as required
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
BSc in Geology is required, Masters or PhD preferred
Required Technical Competencies:
1. Hands-on experience in advanced geological interpretation and integration using modern workstation software applications, preferably on Petrel software.
2. Knowledge of structural geology, sequence stratigraphy and relate them to the seismic features and attributes.
3. Expertise on grey and brown fields development of both clastic and carbonate reservoirs under basement and sedimentary tectonics.
4. Expertise on Structural and stratigraphic depositional concepts. Ability to apply geological concepts to geophysical interpretations.
5. 2D/3D Seismic Interpretation and mapping skills is a preferred on kingdom software
Required Generic Competencies:
1. Fluent in English, written and oral is essential
2. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with other professionals within a multidisciplinary environment
3. Must be able to communicate effectively with peers, junior staff, field staff, and management
4. Adaptability/experience of working in different cultures and with people with different perspectives
5. Be proactive and willing to learn and share knowledge.
Minimum Work Experience:
Minimum 15 years of industry experience with at least 10 years as development geologist. Must have independently undertaken field evaluation by integrating G&G, reservoir and production data. Experience of FDP’s using modern workstation software and data integration tools.
ANY OTHER POSITION CONSIDERATIONS
• Knowledge of appropriate geology technology involving data acquisition, and interpretation.
• Participate in company subsurface committees and workgroups, presenting technical interpretations and recommendations
• Develop and promote field development opportunities by applying innovative approaches and technology to deliver added value in improving field development efficiency.
KEY INTERNAL RELATIONSHIPS
1. Technology group project teams
2. New ventures teams
3. Regional offices
KEY EXTERNAL RELATIONSHIP
1. Geology contractors and consultants
2. JV geoscience personnel
DECISION MAKING/AUTHORITY LEVEL
Senior Technical Specialist
About the Company
Established in Kuwait in August 2005, Kuwait Energy Company is an independent Oil & Gas Exploration and Production company. Kuwait Energy Company prides itself as an Oil & Gas company with extensive knowledge of the Middle East region with outstanding relations with host governments, national oil companies and international companies that operate in the Middle East.
Kuwait Energy has a high quality and diverse portfolio of oil and gas assets and is focused on exploration, production and development of oil and gas reserves in the MENA and Eurasia regions.
Headquartered in Kuwait, the Company’s regional offices include Cairo, Sana’a, Baghdad, Basra, Ukhta and Kiev, overseeing operations in eight countries namely Egypt, Yemen, Iraq, Oman, Ukraine, Latvia, Russia and Pakistan. Our participation interests range from 15% to 100% across our exploration and producing assets, providing a balance of risk diversification with significant upside exploration potential.