Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Management and development of Post-paid Segment according to the company's objectives. Full profit and loss responsibility and budget ownership of post-paid segment. Owner of a multimillion Kuwait dinar B2C post-paid portfolio.
Develop, implement and own post-paid strategy for total B2C post-paid segment - small screen, digital and large screen. Plan and grow post-paid base revenue by leading multifunctional department consisted by steering segments, CVM, digital, product development and loyalty efforts. Manage complete value chain to attract, upsell, x-sell and retain post-paid customer base.
Spearhead company efforts to increase revenue from the new and existing post-paid customers.
- Design, develop, plan and execute the Segment strategy according to the company's yearly and quarterly KPIs.
- Develop and maintain a strategic perspective - based on marketplace and fundamental customer needs and satisfaction.
- Strategic management and development of the postpaid segment products and offerings.
- Strategic lead of postpaid segment customer lifecycle (revenue enhancement and retention).
- Lead on the positioning, defining and shaping company postpaid digital products.
- Development of company loyalty portfolio for prepaid and postpaid customers.
- Lead the budgeting, business & roadmap planning and resource allocation for the postpaid segment.
- Be owner throughout the life cycle. Conduct multi-year product planning to determine product life-cycle decisions, ensure consistency with overall marketing and corporate strategy.
- Full P&L ownership of a multimillion KD postpaid portfolio.
- Drive device & technology strategy as per segment objectives & needs.
- Create and execute Ooredoo Loyalty program "Nojoom" strategy according to the company long vision goals.
- Drive decisions based on the customer insight and market research to support business objectives.
- Approve the brief for the Market Research projects.
- Generate the yearly customer insight requirements plan (market researches, mystery shopping, customer experience measurements, competitive analysis, etc.)
- Market Analysis: assess market and customer dynamics and incorporate into offer development and lifecycle activities.
- Develop and implement the Segment Business Plan Yearly Activity Roadmap.
- Accountable for revenue attainment, profitability and success of postpaid segment through development and execution of comprehensive marketing plan.
- Manage ARPU development through strategies and tactics built on and using segmented offering, penetration, usage, bundling, pricing, etc.
- Successfully influencing brand and positioning strategies aligning cross-functional teams & collaboration with internal and external stakeholders for new product promotions with focus on building comprehensive digital marketing plans.
- Use customer segmentation as per customer value segmentation, customer behavioral segmentation, customer life cycle segmentation & customer value migration to target post-paid customer with offerings based on their needs.
- Develop compelling positioning and value proposition and selling tools.
- Driving innovations by introducing "industry first" propositions to create & boost revenue streams, preference, differentiation.
- Responsible for implementing ongoing product development and feature implementation based on market & segment opportunities
- Navigating complex and fast moving technology landscape to harness opportunities and steer away from threats by launching propositions in market
- Rationalizing marketing investments by changing product mix/negotiating device prices/Subsidy/GTM
- Responsible for post-paid small and large screen subscriber acquisition and migration within the base.
- Plan, steer and optimize company telemarketing channels based on the customer lifecycle stage.
- Existing postpaid base revenue enhancement by identifying CVM opportunities or by solving gaps with segmented promotions approach.
- Campaign management & Campaign measurement with test & Control.
- Postpaid base customer retention via developing and managing CVM platforms, tools, process and offering.
- Actively review and suggest changes to the postpaid customers dunning process in collaboration with the finance and CC department.
- Develop positioning and strategy for Postpaid digital products offering according to the OG guide lance.
- Manage Loyalty program (Nojoom) benefits, partners and roadmap according to the company objectives to decrease the churn.
- Manage the post-paid product development efforts in order to ensure superior customer experience with new and existing products.
- Enrich the customer experience by actively influencing product development, products/offerings display across all channels (online, offline).
- Lead (plan, execute, follow up) the team towards achievement of post-paid segment business plan and KPIs (including financial contribution).
- Supervise and approve business cases for any new or existing product or promotion as per the roadmap.
- Interact and set business requirements for third party suppliers, vendors or partners to enhance the sales of the existing and new products.
- Set the pricing strategy and positioning for the postpaid segment offering.
- Align with Pricing Department for the right pricing tactics and actions in order to deliver the objectives.
- Align pricing with the other segments and overall pricing strategies.
- Drive measures to improve CVM channels accountability & profitability that include distribution and investment.
- Define the segment subsidy strategy in coordination with the pricing department.
- Develop and reshape retention offers for the postpaid segment (save desk, renewals, etc.)
- Steering and approving the pricing positioning of add-ons and other services that are sold to the postpaid segment customers.
- Set the pricing strategy and tactical offerings all postpaid device bundles and for the postpaid segment "Get the Latest" device portfolio.
- Maximizing the Loyalty program via defining the pricing strategy for the program.
- Defining the "burn and earn" campaigns for the loyalty program customer base.
- Set the pricing strategy for postpaid digital products.
- Ensure that the products and services are in line with the rules and guide lance of the Kuwait Regulatory body (CITRA).Initiate customer insight and market research for CVM activities.
- Lead requirements and approve the brief for the Market Research projects related to the CVM
- Approve business cases and Engagement Documents (ED) for new product launches as well as for existing offerings.
- Approve Product Description Documents (PDD) for the Product Development team for technical implementation.
- Approve RFBT and TRFS for new product launches.
- Approve business rules for the completely postpaid segment offers (new products and services and loyalty offerings).
- Define state of the art customer experience for all products and services.
- Define Digital products and influence their development via new and existing platforms.
- Enhance the partnership integration via Ooredoo loyalty platforms by enabling
- best customer experience for the loyalty program members (postpaid and prepaid).
- Set direction and approve briefs for Marcom & media planning agencies for product and promotions launches.
- Collaborate with sales team to plan / execute new offers in the market and to ensure high share of gross additions/renewals /migrations & profitability.
- Set and approve commissions and incentive systems for the Sales department in alignment with Sales Channel Director.
- Set and approve commissions and incentive systems for the outbound internal and external teams in alignment with key stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the regulatory department in defining the submissions and getting the approval for the new and CVM products and services to regulatory body (CITRA).
- Provide the inputs for the training of all internal and external frontlines that are involved in campaigns execution.
- Actively define KYC rules in collaboration with the sales and finance department.
- Develop post launch analysis and take corrective actions.
- Monitor and report segment KPI and status against targets and budget.
- Perform competitive analysis to evaluate product capabilities, pricing, promotion, distribution; analyses how these impact market share. Recommend and implement changes required to be competitive.
- Rationalize solution offerings by performing map/gap analysis against current offering and market opportunities.
- Establish requirements to effectively manage and track to a plan of record, including total sales, revenue, churn and contribution.
- Update and define business rules as per the business requirements to maximize the revenue output. Formulate the Customer Loyalty Program strategy.
- Ensure that the Roadmap is developed, reviewed and maintained on a regular level.
- Set and approve the budget workings of the Loyalty Program for the Annual Operating plan.
- Responsible that the activities undertaken are within the budgeted value of spend as per the Annual Operating Plan.
- Supervise cross-business loyalty/rewards efforts to increase Program penetration, user spend / redemptions, experience and engagement with Ooredoo products and services to help reduce churn & increase recommendations.
- Overlook rollout of the various Loyalty activities and generation of new ideas for inclusion.
- Approve design, implementation and execution of rewards/loyalty campaigns and offers.
- Ensure an integrated online and offline experience to drive ease of use for Loyalty Program members.
- Ensure that all means of communication are utilized like Portal, Apps, and IVR etc.
- Manage the Internal and external relationships relevant to Loyalty Program especially partners on a need basis.
- Oversee the development of a new postpaid online product/portfolio, from its inception to its launch. By using market data, manage new and existing products, and identify ways to enhance digital postpaid products based on market feedback.
- Plan successful digital product launch campaigns, reaching out to new and existing Ooredoo consumers and finding out what is the best digital offering for postpaid market.
- Act as a mediator between digital products channel team, pricing, comms & PD teams by communicating consumer needs and translating those needs into new products and offers that will be exclusively sold via online/digital channels.
- Create a compelling strategy to both grow and transform postpaid digital products/offering
- Develop a product roadmap across multiple domains, ensuring critical dependencies are identified and the best solutions for the customer are delivered every time, on-time
- Define and develop postpaid segment digital product KPIs to be contribute to the overall company performance.
- Create and adjust offering based on the data drive decisions from internal an external platforms.
- Set and monitor specific KPI's for each team member's performance, qualitative and quantitative
- Proactively manage and motivate the team to be highly professional and results oriented.
- Work to improve employee performance through personal coaching and identifying training and development needs.
- Ensure Individual Development Plans (IDP) are completed for all staff in accordance with Ooredoo policy.
- Recruit reporting staff as required.
- Conduct annual performance appraisals (Performance Management System) and ensure objectives set are monitored and achieved.
- Delegate responsibility to direct reports, in accordance with their role and ability, to ensure they are developed and maximize their potential.
- Manage outsourced stuff according to set KPIs for the partner's scope.
- Foster strong relationships with internal and external resources.
- Engage with different functional teams and business units (in order to drive business success and optimization).
- Attend Operations and Marketing division meetings as required.
- Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Attend Training Programs, Courses, and Seminars, conferences, vendor meetings, User Groups and presentations to be ready with the latest business ideas.
- Other duties as reporting directed by the line manager or other top management members.
- Maintaining effective relationships with business & technology partner, regulator & other commercial & professional bodies
- Required 9+ years of experience based on progression ladder in a similar environment (consumer service industry)
- Minimum 7 years in telecom with proven record of accomplishment of executing revenue stimulation efforts.
- Strong coaching and team building experience.
- Proven leader with ability to develop business and people beyond ordinary.
- Creative and Analytical mind with desire to grow business.
- Experience in managing, driving & leading multifunction team of experts and managers.
- Ability to do multitasking and work under tight schedules.
- Strong knowledge of local market conditions and potential target market/customers will be advantage.
- Ready to go extra mile to get things done.
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Fluent verbal/written communication in English. Arabic an advantage.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Power point, Excel, Word etc.
- Customer Value Management / Mobile Telecom
- Bachelor degree in Business, Marketing, engineering or a related discipline from a recognized institution.
- Project Management certification is an advantage
- Proven leadership skills.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Extraordinary knowledge of the telecom value chain.
- C level presentation skills.
- High level of emotional intelligence.
- Demonstrated acumen in understanding the industry and its trends.
- Knowledge of telecommunications products and services.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Chief Marketing Officer
Chief Operations Officer - COO - Multidiscipline, Retail, Construction, Hospitality
General Manager – FMCG Trading
RTC-1 Employment Services
Chief Executive Officer