Senior Drainage Engineer
Job description / Role
• The Senior Drainage Engineer has an up-to-date knowledge of industry best practices, international codes/standards and possess a broad knowledge and experience of utility works in large infrastructure projects complemented by practical experience.
• The Senior Drainage Engineer provides a focal point for all utility engineering issues throughout the construction contract by managing contractor’s utility submittals reviews, visiting the site and taking a lead role in resolving utility issues and the commissioning of utilities.
• Reviews and comments on drainage design drawings, utility shop drawings and construction method statements.
• Assists and tracks approvals of third party utility owners and agencies. Assists in resolving utility conflicts and obtaining approvals.
• Ensures contractor compliance with applicable engineering codes and standards and QA/QC systems, policies, and procedures.
• Reviews utility submittals including vendors, shop drawings and utility drawings, surge analysis reports and specifications for compliance with the Contract requirements and design intent.
• Contributes to preparing project QA/QC procedures.
• Consults with other discipline leaders to ensure the smooth flow of vital information necessary for scheduled completion of construction.
• Arranges support for the needs of other discipline leads for input to their efforts.
• Supports the construction management team during construction and commissioning.
• Provides advice concerning design or scope changes identified for review.
• Regularly visits the site to inspect the utility installation progress and identify non-conformances. Provides utility related insight on construction issues.
• Arranges regular meetings with the contractor to review progress on utility submittals and site issues.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering (or related field) and 15+ years of related design work experience in a large infrastructure projects.
• Kuwait experience is highly preferred.
• Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages typically associated with engineering is required
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Senior Civil Engineer
Construction Manager - Infrastructure/Earthworks/Buildings
The Highfield Company
|Saudi Arabia||4 Apr|
Senior Civil Engineer
Powerchina Huadong Engineering Corporation Limited
Senior Project Engineer
Civil Inspector (Water Infrastructure)