Job description / Role
Senior Engineer, Civil Planning and Sites / Fast Telco Subsidiary of Ooredoo Kuwait
Fast Telco Subsidiary of Ooredoo Kuwait
- Contribute technical expertise and participate in the Infrastructure/Civil work team for project managing site construction activities for all base stations to support the development of ooredoo Telecom's GSM network.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Main responsibility lies in ensuring civil engineering FMO/contractor compliance with terms and conditions and delivering completed sites and civil projects on time and to required standards
- Evaluate and develop civil engineering specifications provided by Radio Network Planning area for the construction of each network site.
- This is to enable the development of drawings and specifications for contractor execution under the provisions of long term construction contracts
- Participate in the regular monitoring of the civil engineering component of contractor performance ensuring compliance with all contractual terms and conditions.
- Ensure all necessary statutory and regulatory permissions have been obtained and that site access provisions have been secured from lessor.
- Provide a forecast plan for the new site build, Radio overlays& civil project requirement (material and services).
- Evaluate the site design reports and generate the site layouts.
- Follow the site progress and produce a weekly
- Status report. Update the site info data base.
- Participates in regular on-site meetings during construction to identify critical works issues, resolve problems and clarify contract issues relating to civil engineering aspects.
- Conduct acceptance test (RFI) with contractor upon project completion to ensure full contract compliance.
- Recommend the invoking of penalty clauses in cases of contract breach by contractor.
- Major role in contract -RFP- preparation and technical evaluation for all civil engineering part.
- Provide active support to other ooredoo Telecom departments.
- Ensure that upper management is informed on all critical issues pertaining to the area responsible for.
- Provides reports, make standard reports and tailor make them where necessary.
- Provide and manage support on special projects as and when assigned by seniors and superiors.
- Supervise the sites progress and produce a weekly status report & updates the site info DB/CT
- Manage & lead a weekly rollout meeting with the acquisition, power ,BSS & FMO teams
- Follow up and update the CSTT's & WO related to civil and ensure its closed as per the SLA..
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- PoC from ooredoo for site sharing with ZAIN & STC(send site sharing request ,attend site survey ,meeting ,update sharing report).
- Check and approve invoices from sub cont and vendors for civil scope.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- Bachelor degree in Civil Engineering or related discipline and appropriate registration with a recognised professional institute
- Relevant project based construction engineering experience.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Good command of both written and verbal Arabic and English
- Good knowledge of AutoCAD Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
|Abu Dhabi||4 Jan|
China Petroleum Pipeline Engineering Company Limited (CPP)
A Leading Construction Company in the UAE
Ignite Search & Selection
Time Electro Contracting