Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Manages Vendors Team to provide optimal daily operational management of hardware, software, applications for the BSSRAN elements in the Network to ensure the Voice & Data Services to the customers is provided as per agreed SLA. Considering maintaining high quality of service and system availability of specified Ooredoo cell sites.
Conduct evaluations and Audits for BSS (2G, 3G, 4G, 5G), DAS and power systems, infrastructure and MW Transmission in order to provide Ooredoo Telecom with an operationally effective support for maintaining the network.
Key Accountabilities and Activities:
- Serves as a focal point for first and second level technical support in the area responsible for
- Handles the SW upgrade related projects for the whole Radio Network including the base stations.
- Verifies the daily health check reports, fault reports, customer complaints and make sure that corrective actions are taken.
- Ensures implementation of daily maintenance and support tasks on servers and circuit / data communication equipment.
- Ensures that system security is maintained at all times.
- Maintains emergency, back-up records in off-site locations to ensure continuity of operations and system integrity.
- Ensures that all Trouble Tickets are resolved according to the agreed Service Level Agreement (SLA).
- Performs routine audits of network statistics recommending remedial action where necessary.
- Responsible for high quality maintenance of the cluster, fault analysis and resolution. Analysing performance issues and providing corrective recommendations and implementation of approved recommendations.
- Ensure Periodic health checks, audits and backups of all BSS network elements including 2G, 3G, 4G and 5G, MW Networks and repeaters.
- Ensure vendors ,contractors and staff planned activities are done during the approved maintenance windows in case of outage and for precautions as per the procedures
- Ensure spare parts inventory is maintained at all time and initiate procurement action to replenish supplies
- Confirm and audit HW inventory and consumable and miscellaneous services
- Ensure access permission and site passes are applied and obtained in timely manner
- Ensures carry out acceptance tests of all new elements integrated to the network to ensure utmost quality and availability and to meet network rollout targets.
- Conduct feedback meetings with Ooredoo staff, contractors and vendors.
- Support, coordinate and manage all actions with Base Station System (BSS) staff.
- Communicate with site owners and authorities for live BTS sites concerns
- Assists the Director to further develop the implementation methodology in order to enhance and tackle all the obstacles that may occur in the project during the implementation process.
- Ensure complete site documentation with rack design layout with all details is maintained.
- Update and maintain a database for the BSS and MW implementation with all present and future configurations.
- Ensures to Keep the network up to date through timely upgrade with new hardware and software packages as and when available.
- Gather and analyze TT's outage reports to find weak points in the network and implement corrections and recommendations to improve availability.
- Review and approve the MS team's plans and implementation for the Monitor and Maintain process for Operations of the BSSRAN elements
- Review and approve the MS team's System & Solution handover tests for the Mobile Radio Access
- Review & Sign-off as part of Operations, the Final Acceptance Certificates related to BSSRAN element Acceptances
- Follow up and Manage the Customer TT raised to Second Level Operations of BSSRAN Elements for customer satisfaction improvement
- Follow up and Manage the Network TT raised to Second Level Operations of BSSRAN in enhancing the Network Availability
- Suggest/Discuss with Planning/Optimization peers & Approve required configuration changes required for Network Capacity & Quality enhancement eg: EID, Special Event
- Monitor the deliverables of Vendors as per their support contracts
- Perform random checks for site acceptance, upgrades, preventive maintenance expansion etc.
- Escalate BSS/RAN related issues to managements, vendors and implementing solutions provided.
- Confirm Feature testing of new software releases in the test environment.
- Audit the teams for any pending clean ups of unused configurations and materials.
- Analyse performance of radio network from network reports and take corrective action to improve quality.
- Provide active support to other Ooredoo Telecom departments.
- Provide & manage support on special projects as and when assigned by seniors and superiors.
- Assist the management in developing and implementing procedures and standards that will provide effective workflows.
- Preparation of various weekly/ monthly reports relating to staff and achievement in the department.
- Supervise the work of direct reports to ensure they meet their objectives, are kept motivated and perform in accordance with their job description.
- Undertake regular on the job training to ensure that direct reports have the necessary skills to undertake new or existing responsibilities.
- Delegate responsibility to direct reports, in accordance with their role and ability, to ensure they are developed and maximise their potential.
- Proactively take responsibility for self improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Diploma with appropriate registration through a recognised professional institute
- Required minimum 3 years of experience based on progression ladder, relevant experience as a System Engineer in a wireless Telecom market
- Good knowledge and understanding of BSS Network.
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word, Power Point etc.
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage
- PMP & ITIL Certifications would be an added advantage
- Strong Analytical skills
- Strong Project Management skills
- Strong Management skills
- Strong Technical skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Wireless Engineer / Fast Telco Subsidiary
|Kuwait City||16 Jan|
Senior Engineer Telecom IP & Transmission Planning
|Kuwait City||12 Feb|
Specialist Solutions - Managed Infrastructure
Senior Engineer, Civil Planning and Sites / Fast Telco
|Kuwait City||24 Mar|
Senior Engineer Demand & Delivery Management
|Kuwait City||23 Jan|