Job description / Role
· Formulate the legal affairs department strategic plans and budgets, identifying the legal long term direction in order to support the Company’s business plans.
· Identify the strategic trends in the business and new laws and regulations and ensure alignment with and implementation of best practices to set a state of the art legal advice function.
· Participate in due diligence in order to assess the legal implications for mergers and acquisitions and recommend solutions.
· Draft and review contracts, such as commercial, labor, financial, etc with principals, employees, financial institutions in order to ensure compliance with applicable laws and regulations and protect the Company’s interests and assist in contract negotiations.
· Provide legal support to the various departments/subsidiaries by assisting in and responding to queries related to legal matters, and interpreting laws related to employee relations, service level agreements, outsourcing, data protection.
· Recommend and review new and updates of policies related to human resources, information technology, internal audit to ensure compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
· Represent the Company in litigation and any business proceedings in the court of law.
· Review legal requirements as required by Corporate Governance and any other statutory requirements regarding the formation and operation of the Company before submission for relevant Authorities.
· Possess a highly developed understanding of the business strategy and key drivers of profitability and organizes legal team resources to reflect known and anticipated priorities.
· Review the arrangements for outsourced legal advice, identify opportunities for improvements and coordinate with external legal firms and practitioners.
· Evaluate and advise on the impact of new regulatory actions, such new laws and regulations.
· Provide factual legal analyses; write reports, assessments and recommendations to management to ensure full compliance with the applicable laws and regulations.
· Issue, administer and control the Legal Department expense budget and follow up on implementation of court decisions and recovery of funds to contribute to cost effective operations.
· Report periodically on the legal department and the legal advice function performance, identify areas for improvement; develop solutions and direct implementation.
· Maintain knowledge of developments and trends and best practices in the area of legal advice, new laws and regulations, jurisprudence.
· Build and maintain effective relationships across all levels, departments and subsidiaries.
· Work as effective communicator and ambassador internally and externally.
· Create clarity and understanding in highly complex or urgent/crisis situations.
· Participate in risk management and mitigation at the highest level in the business with a particular emphasis on legal, regulatory compliance and reputational risk.
· Prepare the manpower budget pertaining to required staffing levels, training and development, internal mobility and succession.
· Identify objectives and KPIs, review the performance and potential of staff and make/approve decisions relating to appointment and termination, promotions and salary adjustments, disciplinary action, succession planning and development plans.
· Ensure increasing levels of employee satisfaction and improve the efficiency of manpower.
· Make requisite attempts to handle all grievances raised by subordinates in a prompt and effective manner.
· Builds knowledge across teams, acquiring and sharing business critical information and leads on a range of briefing.
· Prepare periodic and ad hoc reports and presentations.
· Document and maintain records of activities and process workflows.
· Adhere to the Company’s policies and health and safety regulations.
· Perform other duties as requested by management.
· Requirement opens for Kuwaitis nationals.
· Education: Bachelor’s in Law, Masters in International Business is a plus.
· Expertise in Private sector Labor Law of Kuwait.
· Should have good understanding of Corporate Governance & Crisis Management.
· Min. 18-20 years of experience.
· Must be fluent in English.
· Good computer skills.
About the Company
Career Hunters, is an executive placement and recruiting firm working closely with our client corporations to provide the best talent in today's competitive marketplace. We work to place executives who wish to improve their career direction or seek more lucrative opportunities in today’s competitive world.
Since our staff is comprised of business executives who have worked or consulted with major corporations, we are able to relate to the decisions, issues and problems faced daily by both corporations and job seekers. We are happy to apply our considerable experience and expertise to your recruiting and job search needs.
We specialize in analyzing the job description given to us by the company, detailed study on the physical and mental characteristics of an employee and the qualities and attitude which the employee must possess.