Senior Project Manager - Infrastructure
A Leading Developer and Construction Management Company in Kuwait
Job description / Role
The Senior Project Manager – Infrastructure is primarily responsible for delivering roads and utilities infrastructure on a megacity development in the south of Kuwait. The successful candidate will lead a team of experienced professionals using a significant core of direct work crews supplemented by specialist subcontractors.
The company has 20+ years’ contracting experience in the construction of bulk earthworks, marine works, roads & utility infrastructure, bridge and treatment plant construction. There is a secured work order projected to extend 15+ years.
The Senior Project Manager – Infrastructure will be expected to work with a high degree of autonomy and responsibility and will report to the Director – Infrastructure & Construction Management.
• Maintain the strong culture of quality, safety, collaborative working and continual improvement which is underpinned by detailed advance planning and monitoring of performance metrics
• Define roles, responsibilities, and target deliverables for the various teams, support the development of individuals and manage team dynamics to optimise outcomes
• Coordinate resources and prioritise works in line with the overall project objectives
• Oversee the development of detailed construction programmes and keep the team’s focus on the big picture deliverables and priorities
• Track costs and identify areas of potential risk and/or contingency
• Identify and resolve design conflicts and/or risks and continually look for value engineering opportunities
• Ensure the project controls are functioning effectively (e.g. progress reporting, quality controls, cost controls, project procedures, safety planning and execution, etc.)
• Monitor that the front-end activities (e.g. shop drawings, method statements, procurement, etc.) are prepared in a timely manner, are complying with the contract documents and are approved by the independent supervising consultant
• Manage the critical risks relating to Statutory Authorities’ acceptance of the works
• Encourage the team to strive for technical excellence and a “how can we do better” approach
• Prepare monthly status reports summarising progress, risks and earned value
• Bachelor Degree in Civil Engineering or similarly relevant construction discipline
• Contractor background with at least 20 years’ of relevant experience in successfully delivering infrastructure projects (an early career background in site based “hands on” engineering, preferably road construction, is considered an advantage)
• Previous exposure to FIDIC forms of contract is preferred
• Excellent organisation and attention to detail skills
• Confident communicator and ability to build rapport at all levels
• A “solve the problems early” mindset through detailed planning and coordination in advance of executing the works
• English language skills (verbal & written) essential, Arabic Language skills would be an advantage
• A history of working abroad with large multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams is an advantage
About the Company
A market leader in delivering high quality urban infrastructure in Kuwait.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)