Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Key role of Sr. Specialist AA will be data scientist who will manage end to end lifecycle of AA use case models. Use big data and analytics tools to harness the data for organizational use. Responsibility will be also to run analytical experiments and evaluate theoretical alternate models and will analyse processes and systems to extract insights from structured and unstructured data. In addition, will act as the custodian of models developed by partners and vendors and will be responsible for end to end implementation and adoption of these models. AA adoption, identifying use cases which is beneficial to the business and using technologies such as AI and ML to improve the digital adoption of analytics will come under the scope. Managing analytics database and developing user friendly schemas is part of the job.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Managing end to end customer Analytical data generation process using Bigdata and DWH platform
- Manage analytics database for different stakeholders
- Implementing processes that improve and lead to greater data quality to enhance customer insights generation process.
- Conducting statistical analyses to support business strategies.
- Developing Strategic and tactical use case models leading to improved efficiencies and monetization using customer data.
- Introduce new techniques and best practices related to AA and Digital.
- Liaison with the group Opcos and adopt best practise and expertise.
- Engage with business users to gather requirements and identify areas where AA could be implemented.
- Manage AI and ML tools and model lifecycles.
- Documenting all processes and research.
- Building new algorithms and model training
- Executing projects involving analytics
- Identifying data patterns and trends and to build customer 360
- Creating, managing, and maintaining analytically rigorous data, anomaly detection and running diagnostics
- Possessing a solid machine learning foundation
- Work closely with marketing segment and CVM team to identify targets and actions and provide intelligent inputs and insights using BI capabilities.
- Provide predictive knowledge using datamining capabilities and models to boost the business (churn, segmentation, tariff optimization, next best offer )
- Develop and maintain CDNA, LTV and Survival models for marketing actions.
- Develop and implement various marketing segments.
- Liaison with other functions to develop strategies to use AA capabilities in their respective areas.
- Work closely with Technology team to define and ensure proper data acquisition strategies and data modelling and on Big Data initiatives.
- Collaborate and aligned with Group AA on strategic initiatives and polices .
- Engage with peers in the group and opcos and share knowledge and expertise.
- Contribute to the motivation of junior staff, team members providing day to day assistance where necessary.
- Act as an ambassador of AA and spread the awareness.
- Train other teams and team members on AA
- 2 + years of experience in the Big data, Data science, Business intelligence & Data mining
- Expertise in Statistics, application and model building.
- Expertise in Bigdata technology, architecture, tools and databases
- Ability use Spark, NO SQL, SQL databases.
- Competent in developing models using Python, R,SAS EG
- Experienced with Teradata.
- Experienced in data analysis, predictive modeling, and data mining techniques.
- Experienced in Digitalization of analytics models using AI and ML
- Strong knowledge in Telco, Marketing, Digital domain.
- Proficient in BI DWH systems and Teradata or other databases.
- Excellent strategic thinking, analytical skills and the ability to be creative.
- Aptitude to multi-task and prioritize effectively, manage pressure, and solve problems.
- Strong coaching and team building experience
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities
- Excellent command of both written and verbal English, Arabic would be an advantage
- Bachelor degree or above in Business Intelligence, Marketing, Statistics, Economics, IT or a related discipline
- Certified in Data Science, Python, R, Big data
- Certified in Statistics and business application. Big data tools and databases,
- Python, R, SAS.
- AI and ML concepts and techniques
- Statistical modelling
- Data Visualization
- Digital and social media analytics techniques
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.