Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Provide feedback and expert opinion to all relevant stakeholders in regards to employee relations, employment law, policy interpretation and organizational planning.
In charge of employee internal investigation and insuring the adherence of HR policy in terms of Governance.
Key Accountabilities & Responsibilities:
- Ensure the daily operations consistency according to HR Policies and Procedures.
- Provide governance services and employee relations consultation to all stakeholders. Including but not limited to, employees case studies, ex-employees inquiries, end of service process and discipline management.
- Provide support to the HR department with the
- overall day to day administration of policies and procedures including, but not limited to, answering routine questions from employees, maintaining personnel records, report processing.
- Maintain employee databases such as, but not limited to:
- Warning letters.
- Paid sick leave
- Analyze employee data and design periodic and ad-hoc reports.
- Communicate HR related government entities' requirements to business units. Conduct investigations and recommend appropriate action as per the approved discipline management procedures.
- Ensure all disciplinary are processed as per the law and policy guidelines, and report any occurring deficiencies.
- Counsel Managers on progressive discipline, highlighting the legal requirements and consequences.
- Coordinate with legal department to ensure employment law is adhered in all employees' relations matters, and provide solutions if such laws are breached.
- Conduct periodic review to assess employment law and HR Policy compliance in all HR processes. Suggest corrective actions if such regulations are not met. Proactively take responsibility for self-improvement by staying well-informed of developments, knowledge and innovations in relevant field of expertise.
- Pursue, acquire and communicate changes on employment law to business units.
- Other duties as directed by supervisor or other superiors.
Bachelor's degree in business, HR or related discipline
- Required years of experience based on progression ladder in HR
- In depth knowledge of Kuwait Labor Law
- Knowledge of the HR functional areas (i.e., Kuwait Labor Law, HR systems, )
- Good knowledge of MS Office applications like Excel, Word etc.
- Good command of both written and verbal English and Arabic
- HRIS working experience
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Human Resouce Manager
Head of Human Resources
Senior Recruitment Consultant
HR Officer / Manager