Job description / Role
Shipping Supervisor - Food Custom Clearance - Kuwait
Shipping Supervisors job varies and relies heavily upon good organizational, delegation and administrative skills.
• Responding to queries of internal stakeholder or in some cases complaints
• Delegating tasks to team members
• Generating reports for top management
• Escalation shipping issues faced to supervisor
Key Skills & Qualifications:
• A successfully employed Shipping Supervisor ideally would have University degree, preferably in Transport (Marine preferable), Transport Economics, Supply Chain, and with relevant logistic qualifications or extensive Logistics experience in port and shipping operations
• A good Shipping Supervisor will have excellent communication skills both written and verbal and will be able to present information in a clear and concise manner.
• At least 3 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in shipping, freight forwarding and/or general maritime transport. Good knowledge of shipping operations, bookings and Liner rate structure.
• In-depth knowledge of Freight markets/container freight contracting, freight forwarding, cargo and shipping documentation, Bill of Ladings in particular and good understanding of losses/claims procedures;
• Strong supervisory experience, including the ability to effectively lead and delegate work to a team and follows up to ensure objectives are met; Encourage team learning and development
• Strong negotiations skills are also needed and the ability to influence others. Supply chain mind set and prior working experience in Supply Chain management/tools is an advantage
• Solid knowledge and understanding of international trading practice
• At least 2 years of experience in handling food import and custom clearance within Kuwait
• Must be currently residing in Kuwait
• Experience in managing a team
• Bilingual is a must (English and Arabic)
• Well versed in handling various ministries
• Driving License is a must
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.
Manpower Middle East
Manpower Middle East
Jr. Logistics Executive
Petrochem Middle East
Search Heads Middle East
Logistics and Materials Supervisor
Swisslinx Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||22 Sep|