Job description / Role
Ooredoo is an organisation on the move. Thanks to our dedicated employees, we continue to move closer towards our vision to be among the top 20 telecommunications companies in the world by 2020.
We are a dynamic global telecommunications player operating in 17 countries across the Middle East, North Africa (MENA) and Asia. We cover a population of more than half a billion people and serve more than 68 million customers.
In Kuwait, we employ approximately 1,000 talented people, all of whom are driving Ooredoo to be the number one choice for world-class communications services in Kuwait. In the face of intensifying competition, increasingly sophisticated technology and rising customer expectations, nothing is more important to our success than our team - and it's a team that you can be part of.
Ooredoo's future is bright, and you can be part of our ongoing success.
Identify appropriate supply sources, initiate procurement action, identify cost saving opportunities, create competitive environment, generate contracts, vendor management, support company objectives. Supports buyers with demand consolidation and RFP preparation, issues POs and keeps track record of budgets and savings.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Take overall responsibility for the strategic sourcing management goals of the company and implement action items to ensure those goals are achieved.
- Assist buyers in negotiations for best possible cost service guarantee and develop "win-win" strategies that achieve sustainable relationships with suppliers.
- Evaluate supplier core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models.
- Implement supplier agreements/contracts when beneficial by working with cross-functional stakeholders and suppliers to reach agreement on contract terms and conditions.
- Research and anticipate shifts in the negotiating power of suppliers.
- Analyze industry trends and evolving technology to proactively identify supply base issues to minimize risk, protect continuity of supply, and utilize emerging opportunities.
- Develop a supplier management program with key suppliers including metrics, performance goals and improvement initiatives.
- Establishes purchasing policies and ensures compliance within the department.
- Continuously improve productivity and efficiency of processes throughout the operational organization.
- Develop and implement sourcing and supplier selection strategy domestically and internationally.
- Prepare & obtain approval on Quotes / Request for Quotation (RFQ) for cross functional requirements.
- Coordinate with other members of the purchasing team to finalize and issue invitations to RFQ.
- Advice selected suppliers of decisions and prepare Purchase Orders, or memoranda for services procurement, with all necessary approvals, requesting a draft.
- Support buyers in negotiations with vendors for proper conclusion of purchase agreement, as directed by superior.
- Identify and recommend new suppliers who offer a higher level of service and reduce costs.
- Assist buyers in researching and analyzing Quotes and finalize orders based on cost, vendor reputation, vendor business status, quality of goods and reliable delivery.
- Receives offers, review and perform commercial evaluations and liaises with customers for technical requirements, as required.
- Responsible to update, periodically, the status of cases (Quote/RFQ) handled in the report for departmental review.
- Responsible for Vendor database Management
- Undertake other duties and special projects and reports as instructed by the Manager. \Reduction in overall spend year on year.
- Numbers of RFQ/Orders raised and average days to place purchase and process orders.
- Average delivery times.
- As per progression ladder
- Experience in dealing and negotiating with vendors, suppliers and consultants.
- Good organizational skills
- Strong customer focus and good interpersonal skills.
- Fluent verbal and written communication in both Arabic and English
- Ability to operate in a diverse multicultural, multinational work environment, exhibiting appropriate sensitivities.
- Bachelor's degree and at least five (5) years purchasing/strategic sourcing experience along with 3+ year's relevant operations/supply chain experience.
- MS Office
- Purchasing software
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.