Student Employment Specialist
Job description / Role
Under general direction of the Director of Career Services, the Student Employment Specialist is responsible for all aspects of the on-campus student hiring process, from recruitment to maintaining student employee records. Daily duties include: assisting the Director of Career Services to deliver workshops and trainings for students regarding best practices for career development; serving as first point of contact for the office with phone and walk-in traffic; maintaining general office files; organizing and maintaining career services resources and equipment; working with internal partners in developing on-campus employment opportunities for students; posting new student employment opportunities; training students and supervisors on systems, policies and procedures of the on campus student employee program; creating student employment recruitment events on campus; assisting the Director of Career Services with career related presentations, and other duties as assigned as support to the Office of Career Services.
• Serve as a member of the Office of Career Services assisting the Director and other office personnel to deliver a robust career program for students through workshops, trainings, events and activities, etc.
• Serve as a primary point-of-contact for all students, staff and faculty in relation to general career services and student employment inquires.
• Serve as the primary student employment liaison between the university, its students and alumni, and potential employers on a regional, national, and international scale.
• Review and supervise the on-campus recruitment and interviewing processes as well as resume referral and job-listing services for current students.
• Develop and implement the on-campus student worker program and provide orientation for students and supervisors.
• Oversee the development and implementation of the on-campus student employee training documents such as the presentations, orientation dates, handbooks, etc.
• Develop the on-campus student worker of the month criteria and recognition events.
• Ensure all on-campus student employees are onboarded correctly and maintains the student worker time attendance logs. Work with the university accounts team to ensure students are successfully registered for work hours.
• Must possess skills to be able to explain and demonstrate the essential functions of the position.
• Ability to communicate information clearly and effectively with a variety of people: students, faculty, and staff; must possess strong English communication and customer service skills.
• Must have strong presentation, listening, and written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality and effectively handle sensitive information with sound judgment, tact, and discretion.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work assignments and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work evening and weekends as required.
Experience and Education:
• Bachelor's degree required; in Business Administration, Human Relations, Psychology or related field preferred.
• At least two to three years' experience in an office environment, preferably in higher education or career development.
• Demonstrated experiences denoting excellent follow-up, follow-through, and attention to detail.
• Salary package is dependent on qualification and experience.
Alderwood acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment and employment business for the supply of temporary workers and is part of Gattaca Plc.
Gattaca Plc provides support services to Alderwood and may assist with processing your application.
About the Company
At Alderwood, we pride ourselves on best practice recruitment, tailored for the Work Based Learning, Welfare to Work and Education sectors. Our core values and attributes are important to use and underline our proven ability to deliver results