Job description / Role
Supervisor Internal Controls over Financial Reporting / Fast Telco Subsidiary of Ooredoo
Fast Telco Subsidiary of Ooredoo
Responsible for performing and managing the ICOFR- Internal Controls over Financial Reporting project.
Key Accountabilities & Activities:
- Prepare the Project Plan containing the project objectives (evaluation of financial reporting controls), critical path, resource allocation and timelines.
- Responsible for identification of controls that are used to prevent, or detect and correct, errors or fraud that could directly result in the financial material misstatements.
- Responsible for developing/ updating and revisiting the Internal Control Monitoring Report (ICMR).
- Responsible to perform detailed test of design & implementation (D&I) including a detailed walkthrough to assess the design and implementation effectiveness of the key controls identified in the ICMR.
- Ensure that controls that were assessed as "inadequate" need to be remediated before being subjected to Operating effectiveness testing (by Internal Audit and External Auditor).
- Responsible to periodically update its risk assessment and validates its inventory of key controls accordingly.
- Coordinate with other teams within finance and outside the department to provide requirements.
- Responsible to convene regular status meeting with Control owners,
- Internal Audit, External Audit.
- Act as a Focal point for all requirements (both External Auditor and Internal audit) from the control owners.
- Liaising with external auditors
- Implement accounting policies and procedures in order to achieve the Finance Department objectives.
- Build relations through confidence and judgment with positively influencing change and innovation.
- Understand the team and collaborates with others to achieve objectives; proactively seek clarification when needed.
- Demonstrate awareness of workloads, offer help team members and take on additional tasks when appropriate.
- Contribute to team discussion to share knowledge and offer ideas and solutions that can benefit the group.
- Any other activities as assigned by the Line Manager.
- Minimum 3-4 years of relevant experience preferably with a large organization in telecom industry or Big Four auditing firm.
- ISP & Mobile Telecom/ Financial
- Proficiency in both English and Arabic language
- MS Office
- Demonstrated acumen in understanding the industry and its trends.
- Bachelor degree in Finance or accounting from a recognized university
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
- Resume / cv
About the Company
We are a leading international communications company delivering mobile, fixed, broadband internet, and corporate managed services tailored to the needs of consumers and businesses across markets in the Middle East, North Africa and Southeast Asia. As a community-focused company, we are guided by our vision of enriching peoples lives and our belief that we can stimulate human growth by leveraging communications to help people achieve their full potential.
Formerly known as Qtel Group, we have a customer base of 92.9 million and reported revenues of USD 9.3 billion in 2012.