Job description / Role
Technical Support Engineer - Regional IT - Kuwait
Requirements for Ideal Candidate / Job Description:
• Minimum of 3-4+ years of experience in IT support field.
• Handling On-site/Off-site Computer Hardware & Network problems at any point of time.
• Assembling and Installing Point of Sale Systems
• RHCE certification mandatory
• Supporting IT certification is an added advantage
• Develop, implement, and maintain Disaster Recovery (DR) procedures
• Strong working experience with LDAP
• Ability to install, configure, customize, and support typical Linux services
• Upgrading and Migrating of Operating systems and Software applications
• Configuring and installing servers RHEL 6/7 or CentOS 6/7
• Handling of Network Designing, Cabling and Installation of the IT infrastructure for proposed stores.
• Experienced on installation & troubleshooting in Linux (L3 level).
• Automation knowledge with Bash scripting or other scripting languages.
• Excellent Knowledge of MySql / SQL
• Must be willing to work on shifts.
Our Ideal Candidate should have the below requirements:
• Bachelor's Degree with relevant work experience (3 years and above)
• RHCE certified
• Excellent communication skills
• Exposure to Toshiba / IBM POS
• Strong network, firewall, and security know-how
• Windows & Linux experience
• Willing to work in shifts (Including weekends).
• Willing to travel extensively as the job involves visiting the stores
• Currently residing in Kuwait
About the Company
As a leading international franchise operator, with nearly 90 of the world’s most recognised brands in its portfolio, Alshaya Group brings great shopping, dining, leisure and hospitality experiences to millions of customers across the Middle East & North Africa, Russia, Turkey, Europe and beyond.
Alshaya Group is a dynamic multinational business and family owned enterprise with a consistent record of growth and innovation. For 35 years, Alshaya has been a pioneering force in brand franchising, using its exceptional knowledge and experience to expand at pace.
Our portfolio of well-loved international brands includes Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, The Body Shop, M.A.C, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn, KidZania and, coming soon, Hampton by Hilton.
From one retail franchise store opened in Kuwait in 1983, Alshaya Group has consistently grown and diversified and today offers customers an unparalleled choice of brands across multiple sectors; Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings, Leisure & Entertainment, and Hotels. A diverse, skilled team of 53,000 people from 120 nationalities support more than 4,000 stores, cafes, restaurants and leisure destinations, a growing online business and a commitment to delivering great customer experiences.
IT Support (Reliever)
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
Fairmont Hotels & Resorts
IT Support Technician
Rider Levett Bucknall
IT Systems Engineer
|Saudi Arabia||18 Sep|
IT Solutions Officer