Job description / Role
Our client has signed a 5-year O&M contract to operate a new cement plant in Kuwait, incorporating a full organization to implement a complete maintenance strategy and technical back-up, as well as delivery of spare parts and consumables. The agreement covers a new 150 tph grinding station in Kuwait. The grinding station has been also delivered by our client and consists of a UMS ball mill, a Ventomatic packing plant and material handling equipment. They are currently looking to Electrical Technician Cement Mill Packing in Kuwait.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Communicate clearly on information relating to potentially dangerous situations and get confirmation that they are correctly understood.
• Conduct HIRAC for all planning activities & link to job plans & SOP's.
• Make sure that key equipment is working properly.
• Ensure the use of Personal Protective Equipment.
• Check for safety and cleanness in the workplace.
• Ensure compliance with OSHA, ISO etc.
• Ensure good working conditions and safety standards are maintained and build into job plans.
• Ensure that maintenance practices comply with Safety, Environmental, and Quality Insurance Standards.
• Ensure good housekeeping conditions and safety standards are maintained within all areas of maintenance operations
• Ensuring the permit to work system and any other safety system (Hot Work, Confined Space, Work at Height, lifting, slinging, and rigging etc.) are strictly adhered to.
• Responsible for carrying out maintenance on all mechanical machinery, to a high quality and efficiency on time by the method statements produced by the Inspectors, Planners, and Shift Supervisor.
• Responsible for carrying out, precision set up and alignments on key equipment to the design specifications
• Daily cleaning & maintenance of Equipment e.g. contamination materials, oil, lubricants that could affect the safe operation of equipment.
• Diagnosing problems, faults, or malfunction of equipment.
• Overhauling, repairing, replacing defective parts, components or systems
• Perform Welding using oxyacetylene cutting equipment/ TIG, MIG welding equipment
• Testing repaired equipment for proper performance.
• Servicing & repairing, hydraulic systems, transmissions and mechanical systems in heavy equipment.
• Taking defective units apart and repair, manufacturing or replacing broken, worn-out, or faulty parts and reassemble according to My FLS or Original Manufactures Manual.
• Reassembling, adjusting, lubricating, & testing repaired units.
• Assemble new Industrial or Plant equipment.
• Follow a regular checklist of Inspections for preventative maintenance.
• Enter in CMMS the technical information regarding inspection, basic maintenance, and repair activities.
• Take responsibility for self and co-workers to strictly adhere to the policies, procedures and instructions set for the organization
• Supervise subcontractors as required
• Responsible for up-dating superior on work progress and result of defects observed, inspection carried out pertaining to his field of operation and should be in a position to locate and organize spares in the absence of the superior
• Responsible for maintaining tools and tackles in the right quantity and in good working conditions and uses them properly
• Ready to work additional hours, if a need arises, according to the overtime rules of the company
• Willing to take up any duties/job allocated to them for which they have the skill, experience or ability to carry out safely
• Undertake all training required to full fill required duties and improve individual skill sets
• Achieve Plant Safety objectives
• Evolution of the Equipment Failure rate.
• Evolution of the number of stoppages due to equipment incidents.
• Compliance with calibration periodicity.
• The number of job plans completed
Qualifications & Experience:
• Engineering Diploma
• Major in Mechanical or Fitter
• Competency Certificate as Mechanical Maintenance Technician
• Minimum 5, experience in the same position
• Training certificates required
• Experience working in Cement or similar maintenance functions or related Industry
• Knowledge of Grinding Plant Auxiliary & main equipment
• Safe Lifting of equipment (Slinging & Lifting)
• Ability to read the mechanical drawings, belt conveyor vulcanizing, hydraulic system, safe welding & grinding, procedures, bearing removal & installation
• Making, installing and repairing machinery requires mechanical fitters be familiar with a range of tools and equipment, such as lathes, milling and drilling machines, thermal heating, cutting and welding equipment.
• Tools used to mark, press, cut, grind, plain bore and drill objects etc.
• Ability to read the mechanical drawings, belt conveyor vulcanizing, hydraulic system, welding procedures, bearing information.
• Knowledge of cement or heavy industry.
• Slinging & Lifting
• Mechanical hand tools, Welding machines, Cutting torch, Measuring tools, Scaffolds, Chain, blocks, Wires.
Interpersonal & Management Skills:
• Commitment to maintaining and improving Health & Safety standards
• Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
• Ability to work well within a small team.
• Self-Motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
About the Company
Propel Consult delivers a service in step with the needs of both our client companies and candidates. Our ability to add value to all levels of recruitment stems from our wholehearted belief in providing a professional service to both parties. We have built relationships with many leading indigenous and mulitnational organisations throughout the Middle East and internationally in countries such as UAE, Qatar, Saudi Arabia, Oman, Bahrain, Kuwait, Egypt and many more. Concentrating our resources has created 5 distinct specialist divisions:
- Banking & Finance
- Human Resources
- Oil & Gas
- Architecture & Engineering
Mechanical Technician, Day/Shift
Mechanical Technician, Day/Shift
Inspection & Lubrication Technician