Job description / Role
Due to the recent award of a major project, an immediate position has become available for a Construction Manager to work for a highly regarded International Contractor on a major railway station project in Latvia.
• You will be based in Riga, the Capital City of Latvia, managing the construction of a large Railway Station Project.
• The Project will be built in phases, the first phase is up to 2022, but the Contractor are expecting confirmation of the other phases with a total expected duration up to end 2025 - mid 2026.
• The total final value of the Contract will be in excess of €550 million.
• Stable experience working as a Construction Manager with Tier One Main Contractors.
• Previous experience working overseas is advantageous.
• Suitably qualified with demonstrable experience in management of construction works of train stations or other multi-modal passenger transport terminal with the area of premises of at least 10,000 m2 in the urban environment without interruption of the operation of transport terminal.
• Experience in railways works is essential.
• The project includes the doubling of the existing 1520mm gauge track with the 1435mm gauge track (European), therefore knowledge/experience of both systems is preferable, although not essential.
• Overall knowledge and working experience with catenary and OCL (overheads contact lines) is required.
• English is the working language, the official language is Latvian, but most are familiar with English and Russian.
The company are considered excellent payers and a generous tax free salary along with comprehensive expat package is on offer, including accommodation, vehicle, 3 return flights per year and medical insurance.
We are looking for someone to start within the next few months, February would be ideal since it will allow the successful candidate time to deal with the preliminary works ongoing, get familiar with the Project and organize the construction works planned for early May.
If you would like to be considered or find out more about this opportunity please apply online.
About the Company
Having been established since 1973, there is no recruitment company more experienced and better connected than Ashbrittle.
When you make a confidential application to Ashbrittle, you can be assured that we will make every possible endeavour to provide you with a well researched choice of job opportunities.
Senior Project Engineer/Project Manager
Project Manager - Museum Construction
|Abu Dhabi||11 Jan|
MAYKS HR Consulting
Head of Construction
A Leading Real Estate Company in UAE
Construction Manager (Resident Engineer)