Job description / Role
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. General & Operations Management
* Implementing and securing optimal processes in freight forwarding and logistics operations.
* Taking measures to improve profitability.
* Securing maximum quality standards.
* Optimisation of the company's organisational structure and processes.
* Maintain close communication with the customers and Kuehne + Nagel's Operations to assure common understanding of customer.
* Proactively show willingness and ability to solve problems as well as taking effective and necessary decisions on a operational level.
* Responsible for sub-contractors, negotiations, Quality, Security, Health and Environment audits and revisions.
2. Sales and Marketing
* Analysing the market potential and developing a market strategy.
* Implementation of the market strategy by setting sales targets.
* Establishing and optimising a strong sales force.
* Building up of a personal clientele and personally taking care of the most important key customers.
* Actively build and maintain strategic relationships with key contacts within customer organisations to understand opportunities for Kuehne + Nagel.
* Set, meet and exceed business revenue goals agreed upon with the companies.
3. Human Resources
* Personal selection, leadership and development of the branch staff.
* Ensuring a smooth and constructive cooperation amongst management and between management and staff.
* Development and implementation of measures and instruments for a permanent improvement of staff's qualification.
* Ensuring that all financial and accounting responsibilities are met in close cooperation with the company's Financial Controller.
* Close monitoring of the direct expenses and optimization of the cost structure.
* Securing that the company is solvent at any time.
* Monitoring of credit limits and status of invoicing, debtors and debt collection.
* Regular reporting about the financial situation of the company to the Regional Management in the frame of the Kuehne + Nagel Reporting Guidelines.
5. Miscellaneous Responsibilities
* Representation of the company in public.
* Legal representation of the company.
* Regular conferences with the company's key management team.
* Close cooperation with the other Kuehne + Nagel companies and especially the Regional Management.
6. Cooperation, Adherence to Guidelines and Regulations
* The employee is obligated to perform in a trustworthy and cooperative manner with all persons in the Kuehne + Nagel Organization. He will carry out all professional activities diligently and in the best interest of Kuehne + Nagel. He will always act according to the Kuehne + Nagel Guidelines, the "Catalogue of Competences" and other Company rules and regulations for which the employee is responsible to understand and adhere to. He will further ensure that his subordinates understand and comply with these regulations
* BA in a related field
* +10 years of experience in the industry (of which +5 in leadership)
* Market Knowledge.
* Strong Customer Base.
* Goal Oriented
* Strategic, analytic and action focused personality.
* Strong Business Development and Relation building skills
About the Company
Since 1890, when the business was founded in Bremen, Germany, by August Kuehne and Friedrich Nagel, Kuehne + Nagel has grown into one of the world’s leading logistics providers. Today, the Kuehne + Nagel Group has more than 1000 offices in over 100 countries, with over 63,000 employees. Our key business activities and market position are built on the company’s truly world class capabilities:
Seafreight Airfreight Contract Logistics & Integrated Logistics Road & Rail Logistics
Kuehne + Nagel is financially strong, stable and independent. Our global logistics network, cutting-edge IT systems, in-house expertise and excellent customer service is proof of our dedication to be the market leader. These attributes have placed us at the forefront of our industry, and positioned us to continue increasing the scope of our customer solutions and services.