This position is closed or expired.
See other Retail Sales jobs
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies. Behind the Visa brand are more than 6,000 talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
The Country Manager for Lebanon and Syria is responsible for setting the direction of the overall business strategies, objectives, targets and plans in Lebanon and Syria through business performance and relationship management. To manage the Business Development business in the Beirut office to achieve business targets through growing the existing business and through identifying new business opportunities and introducing and ensuring the implementation of new products and services. To act as the Visa representative and spokesperson in the area.
Regional strategic planning To manage the development of the Lebanon and Syria Market strategic plan by integrating and setting priorities based on information about the markets, clients business plans, Visa priorities and competitor activities. Identify success factors for progressive and dynamic business growth. Ensure that the plan is understood and shared by specialist divisions within Visa. Develop account plans for clients and achieve business objectives of clients and Visa through planned and well-executed initiatives.
Country PlanningEnsure the development of the Lebanon and Syria country plans and key account plans, with corresponding tactics and actions to achieve defined goals. Ensure consistency with the Middle East and International strategic plans. Ensure that all internal/ weekly/ monthly reports are carried out in a timely and regular fashion. Share purpose and objectives with staff members
Business Results Accountable for achieving business targets through growing existing business CIF/PV/MV and developing new business opportunities. Monitor business results of the individual countries and member banks and anticipate challenges and take proactive measures to accomplish country targets.
Relationship ManagementDevelop, maintain and cultivate close relationships with decision-makers and senior management of member banks, partner companies, central banks and national banking associations. Understand their business strategies, priorities, needs and business processes, present to them strategic ideas and share Visa's views on industry developments and dynamics and advise them how Visa products can impact their results. Whenever required, be the senior Visa representative at Forums and other national Member meetings.
Market KnowledgeMonitor the development of the banking and financial services industry across the region, analyse trends and understand factors impacting current and potential business results of Visa. Maintain close contacts with national organisations and central banks and be aware of any developments which could present a threat to Visa.
Team ManagementMay in future direct and manage BD staff within the team to achieve business results and strategic objectives. Provide training and coaching to staff and support professional growth of team members. Manage all staff-related matters and the departmental budget.
Public RelationsWhenever required, undertake media/public relations activities in the area and represent Visa by speaking at business conferences
This role is based in Beirut, Lebanon and reports to the Group Country Manager - Levant, based in Dubai, and will be expected to interact effectively with all levels of Visa management and staff
The role manages the business in Lebanon and Syria and will involve frequent interaction and communication with Key Visa stakeholders, including financial institutions, processors, agents, merchants and vendors
* Leadership and people management
* Superior negotiation skills leading to timely and acceptable resolutions
* Client relationship and management skills
* Solid interpersonal skills and working with cross functional teams
* Exceptional communication skills
* Development and preparation of executive level briefs
* Self-directed and motivated
* Able to work with little management oversight
* Strategic management and creative thinking
* Issues management skills
* Bachelor's Degree in Business or equivalent
* Extensive sales, retail banking and cards experience and expertise
* Experience including banking/financial services sector or sales/portfolio development and relationship management
Sales management experience
* Excellent project management, strategic planning and budgeting skills
* Management Experience and Experience of influencing/managing direct and non-direct reports.
* Independent worker with guidance in only the more complex situations
* Interpersonally credible, influential in dealings and sensitive to the multicultural environment
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
* Extensive knowledge of Visa, other payment systems, card products within and proven experience at liaising, presenting to, influencing and negotiating with senior level international and central bankers, regulators, merchants, media, domestic switches, third party vendors and other key external stakeholders
* Ability to negotiate business agreements
* Fluency in English & Arabic with superior verbal and written communication skills
* Excellent knowledge of the and markets with sound contacts and network with key stakeholders
* Effective presentation skills
* Proven experiencing of dealing with the Press and other media
* Superior analytical skills
About the Company
Visa operates the world's largest retail electronic payments network and is one of the most recognized global financial services brands. Visa facilitates global commerce through the transfer of value and information among financial institutions, merchants, consumers, businesses and government entities.
We offer a range of branded payment product platforms, which our financial institution clients use to develop and offer credit, charge, deferred debit, prepaid and cash access programs to cardholders. Visa's card platforms provide consumers, businesses, merchants and government entities with a secure, convenient and reliable way to pay and be paid in 170 countries and territories.