Job description / Role
IFS - Finance - Account Receivable Associate - Lebanon - 12 Months
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
A career in Finance, within Internal Firm Services, will provide you with the opportunity to help PwC in all aspects of our Finance internal function including financial planning and reporting, data analysis, and assisting leadership with overall strategy. You'll focus on recording and analysing financial transactions, paying and receiving invoices, maintaining financial statement ledger accounts, and preparing analysis and reconciliations of bills to detect fraud.
Our Accounts Payable and Receivable team is responsible for performing collections activity and payment of debt activity. You'll focus on working with senior individuals to review and produce reports related to the accounts receivable and accounts payable accounts that will assist PwC in achieving monthly collection target amounts as well as ensuring timely payment of vendor invoices.
The AR Associate is a junior individual within the Finance & Accounting function. The team sits within the Finance Shared Services Centre in Beirut delivering end to end AR activities for all regional entities in PwC ME, and Strategy&.
The role main functionality is to ensure that all the allocation activities within ME are completed on time and according to the approved processes. The role ensures adherence of the function to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work. We would like to hear from individuals with one to two years of experience within an Accounts Receivables or accounting function.
An organized, meticulous and motivated Accounts Receivable Associate to participate in increasing the department accuracy and efficiency. The Accounts Receivable Associate will maintain accurate and complete records regarding the allocation of collection, and communicate with the PWC ME stakeholders. The successful Accounts Receivable Associate should be focused on optimizing functional processes and building lasting relationship with others within and outside of the business. You should be knowledgeable, analytical, and meticulous with excellent communication skills to support the Shared Services Centre Leader, functional managers and PWC stakeholders.
Primary duties and responsibilities
• Responsible for Accounts Receivable allocations for selected countries within ME region.
• Assisting in AR reconciliations.
• Direct liaison with junior and senior individuals within the business.
• Assisting the business and specifically the AR function to achieve monthly targets and KPIs.
• Assisting in producing regular reports to senior management on the status of the accounts receivable ledger.
• To participate by pitching ideas for improving the whole process of cash allocation.
• Respond to ad-hoc requests in a timely manner.
• Review any unallocated balances on weekly basis.
• Raise requests to correct discrepancies in AR journals.
• Periodically make the reconciliations for AR statements, ensuring optimization as per policy.
• Maintain good working relations with Line of Service Finance Business Partners to ensure accurate and timely allocation of the collected funds.
• Participate effectively in the monthly closing activities for Accounts Receivable Team. Works with other teams to resolve any closing issues.
• Make sure to meet all set deadlines.
• Adhere to PwC approved accounting standards and principles.
• Adhere to the applicable Policies, Procedures and Processes.
• Communicate and safeguard them when needed
• Responsible for the continuing professional development of self.
Knowledge, skills, and abilities
• Bachelor's Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related field required with at least 1 year of experience.
• MBA or Professional Accounting Qualification (CPA, ACCA) are a major plus.
• Lebanese Nationals.
• Fluency in written and spoken English required, proficiency in Arabic preferred.
• 1 to 2 years of accounting experience role, preferably focused on AR function.
Knowledge and Skills
• High level of analytical ability.
• Understanding of general accounting standards and practices.
• Knowledge of internal controls and segregation of duties within finance and accounts.
• Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Time management skills and proactivity.
• Good organisation skills.
• Good problem solving skills.
• Capability to work well in a team and under pressure.
• Strong work ethic.
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.