Job description / Role
IFS - Finance - Treasury and Bank - Senior Associate - Beirut
Line of Service
Internal Firm Services
IFS - Finance
Job Description & Summary
The Treasury and Bank Team is a key team within the Finance function in PwC ME. The role ensures all day to day activities are completed on time and according to approved process. Ensures adherence of the function to PwC approved accounting principles, established procedures, departmental guidelines, and regulatory requirements applicable to the work.
Responsible for relationships for the region. Optimises available cash balances across the region, transfers balances to /from territories according to need.
- Conduct all activities with a view to optimising ME resources, with the aim to minimise interest and bank charges
- Support development of forward looking cash plan, anticipating changes in cash balances and planning coverage by facilities
- Support management of all regional bank accounts, supports opening and closing of accounts across the region and manages data within appropriate systems
- Processes bank guarantee requests from LoS Finance Partners or Client Staff
- Reviews outstanding guarantees and flag to where reclaims are overdue
- Collate and report on weekly cash position review from each territory
- Consolidate all surpluses and deficits for each territory, with all surpluses transferred to central, and all deficits covered by central
- Support treasury activities for all territories, ensuring that they are able to conduct local activities e.g. payroll efficiently each month
- Support Leader in working closely with LoS Finance Partners as appropriate on any LoS related Treasury / cash issues
- Work closely with other Finance & Accounting Teams (.e.g. AP) to understand their activities and to ensure the correct accounting treatment is applied to their activities
- Contribute to ensuring the provision of high quality treasury services
- Ensure adherence to PwC approved accounting standards and principles
- Coordinate activities with other departments and workgroups as needed
- Support analysis of Treasury & Bank processes efficiency, identifying improvement initiatives
- Assist in developing treasury reports on a periodic basis for senior management as needed
- Monitor financial and economic market trends including interest rates, foreign exchange rates, etc.
Learning & Growth
- Ensures adherence to PwC approved accounting standards and principles; ensures maintenance of proper audit trails and verification and reconciliation actions for all processed work
- Responsible for management of workloads as appropriate
- Responsible for the continuing professional development of self
- Establish a healthy work environment for employees on the team
- Act as a key resource and liaison to other functional areas of the business, building cross-functional relationships as needed
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance or related field required
- Fluency in spoken and written English and Arabic is essential
- 2+ years of experience in a treasury function
- Experience with treasury operation
- Experience with funds allocation, working capital, foreign exchange management and bank guarantees
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge of capital structures management
- Knowledge of liquidity analysis and optimization techniques
- Knowledge of financial risk management and hedging tools
- Excellent financial, statistical and analytical skills
- Exposure to financial market trends (e.g. current risks, interest rate risks) and treasury products
- Understanding of general/international accounting standards and practices
- Organization, thoroughness, eye for detail, time management skills and proactivity
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ethical Conduct
About the Company
PwC firms help organizations and individuals to create the value they're looking for.
We're a network of firms in 158 countries with close to 169,000 people who are committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services. PwC is the brand under which member firms of PricewaterhouseCoopers International Limited (PwCIL) operate and provide services. Together, these firms form the global PwC network.
In our 3 key areas of business or Lines of Service Assurance, Tax, and Advisory we work with our clients from business start ups to the worlds leading organizations to measure, protect and enhance the things that matter most to them.
We help our own people to learn, discover, develop and make a real difference all the way through their working lives. And we have big ambitions to grow.
PwC Middle East Region is part of what we call the Central Cluster and includes the UK, Europe and Africa as well as the Middle East. The region consists of 12 markets - UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait, Bahrain, Oman, Jordan, Lebanon, Egypt, Libya, Iraq and Palestine.
PwC has been established in the region for over 40 years, we already employ over 4500 people and we are on course to become the Middle East number one professional service firm.