Job description / Role
Location: Beirut, Lebanon
Company: Nestle Lebanon
The translation and deployment of nutrition science and knowledge to guide product innovation and renovation and consumer relevant communication.
Apply findings of research, dietary guidelines, relevant population trends, nutritional needs into innovations of nutrition products & digital initiatives; drive continuous improvement of Nestle products by applying product nutrient profiles and quality criteria according to population diet, guide products nutrition and health benefits, credible brand communications and stories. Transfer knowledge among peers and business stakeholders. Protect Nestle's NHW reputation, inspire and enable Nestle's Purpose.
A day in the life of...
- Guide product categories (Innovation and Renovation) and brand nutrition communication by translating nutrition science and target population nutritional needs
- Interpret/evaluate available knowledge and nutrition science to guide business partners and product developers.
- Provide credible & timely technical assistance, nutrition guidance for business / product category under responsibility
- Understand and articulate the nutrition reality to drive the identification of nutritional needs and gaps in portfolio.
- Translate relevant nutrition knowledge into competitive and feasible product concepts and solutions
- Identify targeted population nutritional needs, insights and opportunities
- Responsible to guide product nutritional foundation and the " ", ensuring product nutritional criteria in compliance with external /market regulations and internal guidelines & standards
- Validate relevant easy-to-understand nutrition communication messages for all appropriate touch points
- Master nutrition dimension inputs into product label text development process.
- Responsible for nutrition table information & guide front and back of pack (FoPL , Nestle Compass), nutrition and health claims /messaging , GDA, Portion Guidance etc. for product categories)
- Deploy NHW claims positively evaluated by scientific authorities and /or by Nestle Health Claim Panel in line with business and brand strategy, guide claims within I/R process.
- Develop scientific substantiation for market driven nutrition & health claims: e.g. write a scientific rationale document for health claims to be evaluated by SBU & Nestle Health Claims Panel
- Represent the organization at different nutrition forums and conventions, including food industry/technical working groups
- Act as the content provider and/or a spoke-person for nutritional advocacy topics externally for categories of responsibility
- Acts as a key nutrition advisor at any level and understand the areas of opportunities of positive impact and risks within the external nutrition environment, the Food Industry and Public Health environment
What will make you successful
- University Degree (Master in Nutrition/Dietetics, Life science, food science and technology with nutrition specialization)
- English/Arabic and French is a must
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Project management skills
- Ability to write and develop nutritional content
- 3-5 years of work experience in academia, clinical or public health nutrition organizations
- Industry experience is a plus
- Has deep understanding of food industry policies and practices related to job area and is recognized as subject matter professional
- Ability to deal with complex tasks
About the Company
Nestle with headquarters in Vevey, Switzerland was founded in 1866 by Henri Nestle and is today the world's biggest food and beverage company. Sales for 2006 were CHF 98.5 bn, with a net profit of CHF 9 bn. We employ around 265,000 people and have factories or operations in almost every country in the world.
The Company's strategy is guided by several fundamental principles. Nestle's existing products grow through innovation and renovation while maintaining a balance in geographic activities and product lines. Long-term potential is never sacrificed for short-term performance. The Company's priority is to bring the best and most relevant products to people, wherever they are, whatever their needs, throughout their lives.
TGC Consulting Middle East
Food Safety Trainer
Assistant Brand Manager
Nestle Middle East
Nestle Middle East
Beast Mode Nutrition