This position is closed or expired.
See other Retail Sales jobs
Opportunities are available across a number of Fashion & Footwear brands such as H&M, TopShop, American Eagle & Footlocker
* Maximizes store contribution through exploiting every opportunity to drive sales, reduce stock loss and maintain cost controls.
* Delivers the highest levels of motivation and development of team members and ensures individual and store compliance with all company regulations and procedures.
* Maximizes sales and exceeds store budgets, achieved through effective and continuous space, stock and seasonal management, and highest possible levels of customer service.
* Uses sales and space reports to determine correct allocation of space within store, and uses sales history to condense or open space out seasonally.
* Advises (Business Manager / Operations) on out of stock departments/lines, slow sellers or price sensitivities.
* Plans and organizes key/promotional events in a timely and systematic way, to ensure on-time delivery.
* Actively seeks out and exploits any additional opportunities to promote sales.
* Drives highest possible standards of in-store visual impact.
* Ensures brand/layout guidelines are being correctly followed to deliver brand values and ensure corporate 'handwriting' is evident in presentation.
* In conjunction with visual merchandising team, ensures up to date â€˜look' to window displays.
* Drives sales floor presentation and housekeeping/recovery principles to the highest standard by regular walk through and corrective action/coaching.
* Ensures store achieves defined stock loss targets. Ensures store accurately carries out all loss prevention activities as defined by their stock loss action plans.
* Constantly seeks to improve staff awareness of stock loss issues.
* Actively seeks out and implements any additional opportunities to reduce stock loss.
* Participates in selection of new staff.
* Administers all staff issues.
* Initiates and promotes highest standards of in store training including weekly communication, daily de-briefs, product knowledge and on the job coaching.
* Identifies areas of training need within the store and develops or arranges programs to address them.
* Identifies individuals with potential within the store and formulates action plans or allocates additional responsibilities to further their development.
* Ensures a development plan is in place and implemented for every member of the store team.
* Ensures store enacts and is fully compliant with all required administrative procedures according to company guidelines and within deadlines.
* Ensures an effective communication of issues and ideas between store and operational management.
Skills and Experience:
* Minimum4 years retail management experience.
* Excellent communication skills (English essential and Arabic preferred).
* Previous management experience within a retail environment.
* Extensive leadership, decision making, planning & organizing and relationship building skills.
About the Company
M.H. Alshaya Co. is a leading international franchise operator for over 75 of the world’s most recognised retail brands including Starbucks, H&M, Mothercare, Debenhams, American Eagle Outfitters, P.F. Chang’s, The Cheesecake Factory, Victoria’s Secret, Boots, Pottery Barn and KidZania. The company operates over 3,400 stores across diverse customer sectors: Fashion & Footwear, Health & Beauty, Food, Optics, Pharmacy, Home Furnishings and Leisure & Entertainment. Alshaya’s stores can be found in markets across the Middle East and North Africa, Russia, Turkey and Europe and the company employs more than 47,000 people from over 120 nationalities.
The company has established itself as the industry leader across these territories through a combination of local market understanding and a comprehensive commitment to customer service. Growth in each of its operating divisions and brands is supported by continuous investment in talent and infrastructure. It applies best practices in retail operations, merchandising, marketing, information technology, logistics, real estate, human resources and financial controls.
M.H. Alshaya Co. is the retail business of the Alshaya Group, which was founded in Kuwait in 1890 and today represents one of the most dynamic companies in the Middle East. In addition to its retail operations, the Alshaya Group is active in a number of other sectors including real estate, automotive, hotels, trading and investments. Learn more about the company at www.alshaya.com or on Facebook.