Tax Advisory Associate
Job description / Role
Tax and Legal Services - Tax Acceleration Centre - Tax Advisory - Associate - Beirut
Line of Service
International Tax Services
Job Description & Summary
PwC Middle East is establishing a new Tax Acceleration Centre (TAC) in Lebanon. The TAC will play a key role in supporting PwC's Middle East Tax practice, focused on mergers and acquisitions (M&A), international tax structuring (ITS) and local tax advisory for offices across the Middle East.
This is a great opportunity to join a young and professional team, providing support to ensure the delivery of quality tax services and support to PwC's client facing teams across the region. A career within the TAC will allow you to contribute to delivering the full value of PwC to our clients in our key markets, with a particular focus on the UAE and KSA.
As PwC continues investing in the region and developing local talent, as a senior associate in TAC your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Tax structuring advice - helping the client facing team in advising clients on how to operate their business in a tax efficient manner, tax efficient acquisitions and disposals for clients buying/selling businesses, debt and finance raising and vendor assistance.
- Mergers and acquisitions - looking at existing and potential tax issues and tax risks for clients wishing to sell/acquire businesses.
- Coordinating with other PwC tax teams in obtaining tax input from different jurisdictions whenever needed.
- Tax Modeling - working on tax inputs and assumptions to help our clients make informed investment decisions
- Proactively assist in the management of several clients, while reporting to Managers and above
- Establish effective working relationships directly with the client facing team and the manager of the TAC team
- Work effectively within tight deadlines and/or reporting schedules
- Engage with all levels across the firm, with the ability to adapt your approach and style to your audience.
Required Knowledge and Skills:
- University degree in accounting, finance, economics or any other related field
- Proficient in relevant computer applications centered upon Google and Microsoft Word, advanced Excel and PowerPoint)
- Able to translate tax documents into Arabic (preferred)
- Able to cope under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to build collaborative working relationships, establishing credibility
- Bilingual (English and Arabic)
- Basic tax knowledge.
About the Company
At PwC Middle East, we've set out an ambitious purpose and strive to live it everyday: to solve important problems and build trust in society.
We're a community of solvers that come together in unexpected ways to build trust and create sustained outcomes. We solve important problems, support one another as we grow, develop and build fulfilling careers.
PwC provides industry-focused services for public and private clients across Assurance and Audit, Deals, Consulting, Tax and Legal. We draw on our development legacy that brings together the collective experience of over 7,000 people in our region with offices across 12 countries to solve for tomorrow.
We're striving to consistently deliver innovative work that builds trust and delivers sustained outcomes. And we're proud of the strength that comes from all our diﬀerent backgrounds and experiences and we value everyone's uniqueness. We thrive in uncertainty, operate with integrity and leverage the diverse perspectives of our teams.
If you're looking for a place that fuels your ambition to make a difference, that matches your curiosity with continuous learning opportunities and reimagines ways of working to enable you to lead a more balanced life, then you're a future PwCer.