Job description / Role
- Experienced professional responsible for design & implementation of future operating model for standalone controllership capabilities for GE Healthcare in EGM.
- The Transition Controller – EGM will partner with GEHC transition team, Regional finance transition leaders, Global Ops and other teams across GEHC including Tax, Treasury, Legal, HR, Supply Chain, IT and Regulatory Affairs.
- Lead new legal entities or branches set up and drive GEHC controllership policy standardization for those entities/branches, meeting GAAP requirements and ready for the future standalone
- Establish standard operating procedures (SOPs) for operational and transactional processes and ensure appropriate Internal Controls are in place, in line with local statutory laws, GE GAP, USGAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley 404 requirements
- Support the design of future controllership organization structure including future GOF / BPO service model - Coordinate communication with business, functions and regional teams on project requirements and impact
- Define in partnership with GE Healthcare Digital Technology team future IT systems landscape - Coordinate & drive key decisions required to support future operating and IT systems model - Functional lead for implementation of future IT systems for existing and new entities
- Coordinate across the GE Healthcare and Global Ops horizontal teams to define and establish W2W processes
- Bachelor's degree in business administration / finance / economics and significant business experience, preferably in finance (Controllership or FP&A) or equivalent knowledge or experience, College degree in Finance or Accounting
- Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in US GAAP/ IFRS
- Demonstrated expertise in financial systems and project management
- Demonstrated experience in change management
- 10+ years of experience preferably within GE or with a Big4 6. ACCA or CPA or CMA qualified
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS GAAP & ability to identify efficiently the differences. 8. Self-starter & a quick learner with a commitment to meet deadlines
- Ability to identify risk areas which can impact the timeliness and accuracy of the milestones and propose solutions 10. Strong PC skills, experience with ERP and reporting systems
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and deliver desired outcomes with minimal supervision
- Comfortable with change and able to manage through ambiguous circumstances
- Effective interpersonal / communication skills; written and verbal14. Ability to work effectively in a team, and collaboratively across functions, businesses and regions15. Fluent in English, oral and written
- Prior experience in managing the projects especially Finance and IT projects
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Adaptable/flexible: open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances, and/or ability to work in ambiguous situations
- Integrity: Accepting and adhering to high moral, ethical, and personal values in decisions, communications, actions and when dealing with others
- Experience working in a matrixed environment
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE's Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE's Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it's the world's largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world's oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.