Job description / Role
• Responsible for all day to day operations in the reservations department. Position will oversee all processes and duties associated to Group reservations, Rooms Controller, Reservation Specialist and Intermediate Reservationist.
• Works directly with Revenue Director to balance the revenue, rooms, and guest satisfaction goals of the Vail Marriott Mountain Resort and Spa.
• Understand and practice Marriott's high standards of hospitality.
• Practice teamwork and respect toward your fellow associates and always maintain a positive attitude.
• Perform proactive, professional and aggressive hospitality and always use appropriate vocabulary.
• Adapt at managing multiple tasks and problem solving.
• Credit letters
• Queue processing in Marsha
• Special billing requests non-group
• Check processing
• Oscar Research-Accounting-Commission-Billing
• New Hire Training-direct reports
• In-house reservation complaint resolution
• Weekly CRS shop oversight
• Proficient with MARSHA and PMS systems.
• Proficient with wholesaler and e-commerce booking and billing process.
• Strong knowledge of all positions duties that directly report to you.
• Understand the importance of the guest’s privacy and confidentiality at all times.
• Be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure according to business demands.
• Customer Care Inquiries
• Credit Card Disputes
• Extranet processing- contracted wholesale
• Daily stand-up meetings
• Employee reviews-prepare-critique-deliver
• No-show/cancellation processing and disputes
• Owner condo requests
• Rooms description maintenance
• Be knowledgeable about the hotel information, local attractions, restaurant and transportation available around the hotel, as well as in house activities, in order to answer inquiries.
• Informs the front desk of changing selling strategies throughout their shift and communicate any potential challenges.
• Acts as a liaison between other departments and communicates effectively with them.
• Retains an organized and courteous disposition under pressure and is always focused on the guests needs.
• Works closely with Central Reservations leads/trainers regarding any issues (force sell requests, cancel within policy requests, booking errors, etc.)
• Attends weekly Hotel Operations meeting (Wednesdays 2pm) and reads 14-day forecast during meeting, prepared to explain any needed items to management team
• Attends bi-monthly hotel Staff meeting (every other Wednesday after Operations)
• Attends weekly Sales Strategy Meeting (Fridays 10am), prepared with relevant data
• Works closely with Director of Revenue Management, alerting Director to any strategy concerns / inventory issues, etc.
• Reservations Manager is familiar with Long Range Forecast Document, able to navigate and make strategic decisions based on total hotel strategy
• Ability to perform all duties and tasks associated with the Reservations Specialist, Group Coordinator, and Reservations Coordinator
• Stress Tolerance Ability to maintain stable performance and positive relationships with others while under pressure or opposition
• Analytical/Critical Thinking: The ability to gather and organize information using a logical and systematic process; recognize patterns and relationships in data; examine data to identify implications, problems and draw appropriate conclusions; generate alternative solutions to problems while evaluating the consequences of alternative solution.
• Prepare 14-day Forecast for hotel each Wednesday morning before 12 Noon, upload forecast into On Demand website.
• Distribute forecast via email to all hotel managers/supervisors.
• Distribute 3-day update Friday afternoon as needed.
• Attractive Salary Package
• High School Diploma
• Bachelor's Degree (Hospitality Major Preferred)
• 1 year Front Desk Experience
• 2 years Reservations Experience (Preferred)
• 1 year Supervisory Experience
• Marriott Experience (Preferred)
• Word, Outlook, Excel, Marsha, PMS, Passkey, Oscar, OneYield, Guestware,Internet (Preferred)
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.