Job description / Role
• Perform routine animal husbandry and welfare duties as directed
• Support research by providing specialty technical services (dose administration, blood collection, record keeping and additional services) to research investigators.
• Required to work with all species across the site with assignments based on the business needs.
• Supply appropriate food and water for animals housed in the vivarium.
• Observe and report status of animal health, food and water consumption, appearance, behavior; provide support in animal health monitoring and basic veterinary medical treatment as prescribed by the veterinary staff.
• Clean or provide animal housing and associated materials/equipment within assigned animal rooms
• Observe and record vivarium environmental conditions.
• Train and mentor new hires in animal husbandry and facility support duties fulfilling department training requirements.
• Perform sanitation duties within assigned animal rooms and vivarium areas.
• Maintain and perform housekeeping of facility support areas.
• Support cage wash equipment operations and maintenance.
• Demonstrate knowledge in and use of all facility support equipment (washers, autoclaves, AWS, jacks, hoods, etc.) for established safety and operations requirements.
• Verify and document status of washroom and environmental monitoring equipment.
• Adhere to Pfizer and departmental safety policies and departmental SOPs and guidelines while demonstrating competency in facility safety protocols.
• Basic computer knowledge such as email, online forms, web-based training and other basic programs.
• Attractive Salary Package
• Ability to demonstrate level of technical skills and abilities.
• Must be able to lift 50 pounds and work standing up lifting items above shoulder level for extended periods of time.
• Ability to perform repetitive physical activities such as: pushing and pulling racks of caging, lifting bags of feed and bedding, reaching, stooping and bending. A Functional Capacity Evaluation may be required.
• Weekend and holiday work are required for the job.
• Experience working in a pharmaceutical setting preferred.
• High school degree or GED required; Associates or BS/BA in related field preferred.
• AALAS certification at the LAT level required
• Extensive experience in a laboratory animal setting required. In general, a colleague at this level will have minimum 2 years of experience.
• The successful candidate should have functional knowledge of Microsoft Office, Outlook, calendar management and Internet Explorer.
• Experience using on line systems such as time tracking and document management. (e.g. SharePoint, Activity Tracker) Knowledge and use of other systems based upon job function strongly desired.
About the Company
Dragon Recruiting is a leading international staffing and recruitment company, head-quartered in London, with further offices all over the globe. Our clients range from numerous well known UK and international businesses. We also represent a wide range of less well known clients - helping them to find staff for their businesses around the world.
As an international recruitment agency, our clients benefit from a vast network of human resource specialists who attract, cultivate and connect organisations to talent in both global and local markets. Our unrivalled
scope of services and global reach allow us to share candidates and roles across borders. With greater coverage and tools, we can ensure our clients and candidates all get the best outcome for their recruitment needs.
With experience of over 3 decades we are recruiting more than 10,000 workers annually to and from the UK, USA and the Middle East and several other Asian countries. We specialize in the placement of candidates in permanent, contract, temporary and interim positions with clients around the world.