Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
Responsible for overseeing and managing the assignment of all Africa based Finance Officers, ensuring all projects have sufficient finance coverage, and advising project staff on any financial issues that may arise. Although initially based in Mali, the permanent base for this position is TBD but will be in West Africa.
• Overseeing Finance related issues at the different project sites around West Africa (each site will have at least one Finance Officer),
• Ensure all financial entries (i.e. GL, Cashbook, CAs, etc) for local purchases are properly recorded and work with the Singapore Finance team for the preparation of required or directed monthly financial reports.
• Liaising with the different Project Managers, to ensure accountability for all finance related aspects of ongoing projects;
• Ensuring compliance with CADG financial regulations, as well as any local or client specific regulations
• Coordinate with the Singapore office on a regular basis, working with the Singapore Finance Team to ensure all required reports are submitted in a timely manner;
• Reviewing and update local Financial processes and controls; while making quality recommendations to company policies and procedures
• Review and research local financial issues to include tax regulations, opening bank accounts, local tax / finance consultants, etc.
• Work closely with the Singapore Finance team for the monitoring of all Africa based offices and project related cash flow with regards to the established budgets and forecasts.
• Work with other Company Offices within the region (Mali, Niger, Chad, Central African Republic, etc) to support them with finance related issues.
• Support the local Africa based HR Manager, Project Managers and Logistics Manager with the management of local contracts to include: Local Staff contracts, casual labor contracts, service contracts, preferred supplier and/or sole source supplier contracts.
• Perform any other task that assigned by the Singapore Office as and when needed.
• Bachelor’s degree in accountancy or related discipline essential;
• A minimum of 5 years professional experience in finance, auditing or accounting positions.
• Background in Auditing or Project Accounting advantageous
• Knowledge of QuickBooks online and ERP Systems advantageous
• Experience working in Sub-Sahara Africa advantageous
• Excellent inter-personal and English writing communication skills;
• Ability to effectively communicate in French, both orally and written is advantageous.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision in a multi-cultural environment;
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.