Job description / Role
• Evaluate the workplace environment and develop safety-management policies that identify and define the safety responsibilities of all employees.
• Continually maintain an appropriate level of awareness and knowledge across the organisation, including as necessary coordinating training programs for employees.
• Investigating workplace incidents through establishing the cause(s) and recommending preventive action to prevent recurrence.
• Ensuring that workplace tools, equipment and practices meet industry standards as well as are installed and working properly.
• Preparing HSE reports each month, or as required.
• Reviewing HSE guidelines, and protocols on an ongoing basis and updating them where necessary
• Providing routine and emergency HSE updates to Country Representatives, CADG staff and contractors.
• Able to develop a network of local HSE contacts.
• Ensuring compliance with all regulations, code of conduct and HSE aspects of the Company and local legislative bodies.
• Promoting, auditing and enforcing throughout all aspects of the jobholders influence the Company’s Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
• At least 5 years’ experience with HSE management and procedures;
• A solid background in Construction;
• NEBOSH or OSHA qualifications, plus other relevant HSE qualifications;
• Strong communication and training skills.
• Flexibility and ability to handle multiple tasks at one time;
• Strong organisational and supervisory skills;
• Proven ability to work creatively and independently both in the field and in the office;
• A strong team player and adept at creating a strong team spirit.
• Overseas working experience, preferably within Africa / Middle East
• Good written and oral level in English.
About the Company
CADG specializes in operating in complex and remote areas of Africa, Central Asia and the Middle East. Our fields of expertise include: Engineering & Construction, Camp Construction & Life Support, Aviation, Logistics & Procurement and International Development.
Our capabilities are varied yet linked – allowing us to offer our clients exactly and only what they need. The intrepid nature of our diverse, talented experts allows us to work competitively in non-permissive environments. We rely not only on our experience, but also on our ability to assess needs on the ground and marry them with practical implementation strategies to deliver tailored solutions.
The Hardest Jobs. The Toughest Places. The Best People.