Job description / Role
The purpose of the Safety & Security Manager (Morocco) is to take ownership of physical security measures, drive safety programs and support our aim of making Careem the safest form of vehicular transport throughout our network for our colleagues, captains, and customers. This role will report to the Director of Safety & Security and work very closely with the Safety & Security team in Dubai.
Key responsibilities include:
- Drive the implementation of safety & security initiatives and measures across our footprint in collaboration with country and city stakeholders
- Will be responsible for responding to safety & security related incidents about captains, customers, and colleagues
- Define and implement safety & security processes and protocols to make working conditions for captains and colleagues as safe as possible
- Design systems to monitor for compliance of safety equipments usage amongst our car & bike population
- Be well informed of potential risks and threats and design mitigations
- Report on a weekly basis to GM of North Africa & Director of Safety & Security
- Develop relationships to select vendors as per basecamp guidelines
- Ensure continuous process improvement by designing, implementing and maintaining compliance programs
- Develop a network to monitor for potential risks & threats to captains, customers, and colleagues
- Recommend innovative solutions to safety & security challenges
- Lead investigations into safety and/or security related issues and complaints including supporting the anti-fraud team
The ideal candidate will have a passionate commitment to improving the lives of people, an insane focus on excellence and customer service, and a strong alignment with our core values: being bold, focused, agile and collaborative.
Additional qualifications include:
- At least 5+ years of experience in a law enforcement, military or intelligence environment
- Competency in spoken and written English
- Excellent communicator
- Able to work alone as well as part of a team
- Experience in investigations and/or anti-fraud is highly desired
- Project management experience would be a distinct advantage
- Experience within operations and safety is desired
- Educated to undergraduate level or equivalent
Careem is a super fast-paced multi-cultural environment and the ideal candidate should have demonstrable skills and the personality to drive rapid impact.
Other desired skills include:
- Problem solving
- Proven organizational & project management experience
- Working to tight deadlines
- Strong communication & presentation skills to engage and influence stakeholders and leadership
- Willingness to respond to out-of-hours issues, if required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Powerpoint, Excel and Word) is necessary
We offer an attractive total compensation package, with emphasis on equity compensation, excellent health benefits and monthly Careem credits. You will have a unique opportunity to join a fast-growing company on the ground floor and shape its direction.
About the Company
We are a brand that aims to simplify people's lives by revolutionizing the transportation industry. A brand that strives to inspire everyone it interacts with, and supports every single person who dares to believe. #BeCareem
Careem is the MENA region's leading ride-hailing service and newest Tech Unicorn. With 30% monthly growth, we now operate in 50+ cities across 11 countries and host over 6 million users. With our recent Series D funding success, we are positioned on the cusp of significant scale and well on target to deliver our goal of creating one million jobs in the region by 2018.
Senior Safety Officer - Main Contractor
HSE Construction Supervisor
Senior HSE Coordinator
|Abu Dhabi||6 Feb|
Manpower Middle East