Project Engineer – Precast Concrete
Job description / Role
This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the largest and leading precast companies operating across New Zealand. Established for over 50 years, the company offers an extensive product range to the Civil Engineering and Water industries.
Based from the Auckland office, the Project Engineer will report in to the Engineering Manager.
• Project and Engineering Management for both Medium to Large Capital Projects.
• Liaise with Executive & Operational Stakeholders to define Project Scope & Deliverables.
• Assist Business Case development for assigned projects.
• Develop realistic project schedules, budgets & concept designs for stakeholder approval.
• Engage and Manage external consultants to develop detailed designs.
• Execute Projects, engaging and managing contractors and seconded assistance from the operating business to complete works.
• Manage & minimise project risks.
• Manage Project Time, Cost and Quality goals.
• Manage changes to project scope, schedule and costs, escalating as appropriate.
• Conduct Safety in Design reviews to ensure designs meet business safety requirements.
• Check plans and drawings for clashes and accuracy.
• Manage engineering review/inspections through construction & commissioning phases.
• Manage site engineers to ensure construction meets engineering requirements.
• Ensure that all materials used, and work performed are in accordance with the specifications.
• Supervise project site works, buildings and equipment installations.
• Monitor and report construction progress against agreed timelines.
• Monitor workmanship on site, instruct remedial of unacceptable works.
• Administrate contracts in line with NZS3910.
USD 5,500 to 6,500 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
Additional benefits: + benefits
• 5+ years project engineering experience within precast concrete manufacturing industry
• Experience working within automated concrete factory environments would be desirable.
• Ability to manage cross functional teams, control of capital budgets up to $3million, Skilled at contract negotiations and risk management.
• Qualifications - Engineering Trade or Engineering degree (Mechanical / Civil / Structural).
• Good understanding codes of Practice and Standards and how and where to apply these.
• Will have a good working knowledge of quality frameworks and systems.
• Previous experience working overseas is not required.
This is a great opportunity to further grow and develop your career within a successful multi product precast operation. The package includes visas, a robust salary, company car, superannuation and generous leave entitlement.
If you would be interested in discussing this position in more detail, please apply online.
About the Company
Having been established since 1973, there is no recruitment company more experienced and better connected than Ashbrittle.
When you make a confidential application to Ashbrittle, you can be assured that we will make every possible endeavour to provide you with a well researched choice of job opportunities.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Civil Engineer / Civil Supervisor
|Abu Dhabi||7 Jan|
Project Engineer (Mechanical) - Oil & Gas Industry
Ultimate HR Solutions