This position is closed or expired.
See other Logistics jobs
Operations Manager – Logistics
Leading transportation & logistics company
Salary up to US$84,000 + housing + transport
Based in Lagos, Nigeria
Our client is a leading transportation and logistics company providing a comprehensive range of logistics solutions. The company operates warehousing facilities and a container terminal to support its distribution activities.
They are currently seeking an Operations Manager to be based in Lagos, Nigeria. Reporting to the General Manager, you must be commercially aware and able to build and develop customer relationships within a difficult operating environment.
Only candidates with relevant senior level experience in a difficult environment should apply.
• Manage 80+ local staff in several operational departments including household packing, imports & exports (air & sea), national road haulage and warehousing
• Departmental budgetary controls
• Ensure service quality at all times
• Implement and monitor KPI’s and benchmark performance against the best international practice
• Minimum 5 years similar experience in managing a similar Freight or Distribution business at a senior level
• Hands-on management experience of sea and air import operations with strong warehousing and distribution knowledge
• Extensive experience of managing large numbers of local operatives via a senior management team – in Africa or a similar environment
• Excellent English communication & presentation skills
If this is the job for you then please APPLY NOW online.
About the Company
Logistics Executive has been established for more than 10 years and delivers professional Executive Search & Recruitment services to the global Logistics and Supply Chain market.
Our service covers the full spectrum of senior roles within the Logistics & Supply Chain vertical and includes support functions such as Finance & HR. We are also able to provide Interim Managers and Supply Chain Consultants on short or limited term contracts.
Our knowledge and reach in the Logistics & Supply Chain sector usually means that we can provide better candidates than the ‘generalist’ search firms.
We provide a suite of HR & Talent Management consultancy services to the industry including Outplacement, Executive Coaching, Psychometric testing, Assessment, Performance Reviews and Leadership Development programmes.
The Dubai Regional Office covers Africa, Middle East, Central Asia / CIS, South Asia and the surrounding regions - however we source candidates globally through our international network.
Our other international offices cover Europe, S.E. Asia and Asia Pacific.