Job description / Role
We are recruiting a full-time Chartered Accountant for a medical center in Muscat, Oman. The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in healthcare.
• Provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks
• Posting and processing journal entries
• Updating Accounts Receivable and issue invoices, Accounts Payable and reconciliation
• Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements, and other financials according to accounting and financial guidelines
• Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports, support with month-end and year-end close process
• Assist with other account projects
• 3+ years experience in full cycle accounting (ideally in a medical setup) and ability to deal with external audits. Oman experience would be preferable.
• Ability to lead and defend tax filings against tax inspections from ministry of finance.
• Experience with Sage 300 ERP
• I.T proficiency - Ability to understand and explain I.T needs to suppliers and understand our own requirements after getting experience in the I.T systems in place. Ability to take input from higher management of their I.T requirements and recommend solutions or at least find feasible vendors that can provide solutions. Ability to support other non-able staff with IT matters and troubleshoot issues without external support.
• Intermediate to Advanced level experience in microsoft suite - excel, word, ppt, outlook, etc and ability to train and support other staff on the same.
• Bilingual preferred (English & Arabic)
• The person should be a self starter - be able to work and organise themselves and others in an unorganised environment.
• Bachelor degree in Accounting or Commerce is mandatory
• ACCA, CIMA is a plus
• Proven experience as an Accountant
• Great attention to detail and excellent understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
• Excellent computer skills
• Written and spoken English and Arabic
Salary is 300-500 Omani Rials
About the Company
We are NOT just a recruitment agency. We are a PEOPLE'S Company. A team of dedicated professionals who believe in the well-being of the individual.
Cassia is a boutique healthcare recruitment company, offering high-value human resources to the growing demand of the Middle East medical industry. Our unique value proposition is based on placing highly qualified, experienced and well-prepared candidates from Western Nations into the rapidly expanding Middle Eastern healthcare market.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Accountant for an E-Commerce (Fashion) Company
RTC-1 Employment Services
Right Calibre Executive Search