Job description / Role
We are recruiting a full-time Chartered Accountant for a medical center in Muscat, Oman. The candidate must have at least 3 years of experience in healthcare.
- Provide support to the financial department by managing daily accounting tasks
- Posting and processing journal entries
- Updating Accounts Receivable and issue invoices, Accounts Payable and reconciliation
- Assist in the processing of balance sheets, income statements, and other financials according to accounting and financial guidelines
- Prepare and submit weekly/monthly reports, support with month-end and year-end close process
- Assist with other account projects
- 3+ years experience in full cycle accounting (ideally in a medical setup) and ability to deal with external audits.
- Oman experience would be preferable.
- Ability to lead and defend tax filings against tax inspections from ministry of finance.
- Experience with Sage 300 ERP
- I.T proficiency - Ability to understand and explain I.T needs to suppliers and understand our own requirements after getting experience in the I.T systems in place.
- Ability to take input from higher management of their I.T requirements and recommend solutions or at least find feasible vendors that can provide solutions.
- Ability to support other non-able staff with IT matters and troubleshoot issues without external support.
- Intermediate to Advanced level experience in microsoft suite - excel, word, ppt, outlook, etc and ability to train and support other staff on the same.
- Bilingual preferred (English & Arabic)
- The person should be a self starter - be able to work and organise themselves and others in an unorganised environment.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting or Commerce is mandatory
- ACCA, CIMA is a plus
- Proven experience as an Accountant
- Great attention to detail and excellent understanding of accounting and financial reporting principles and practices
- Excellent computer skills
- Written and spoken English and Arabic
- Salary is 300-500 Omani Rials
About the Company
We are NOT just a recruitment agency. We are a PEOPLE'S Company. A team of dedicated professionals who believe in the well-being of the individual.
Cassia is a boutique healthcare recruitment company, offering high-value human resources to the growing demand of the Middle East medical industry. Our unique value proposition is based on placing highly qualified, experienced and well-prepared candidates from Western Nations into the rapidly expanding Middle Eastern healthcare market.