Job description / Role
Working in a multidisciplinary team of designers and engineers providing a professional design service to our clients, this is an ideal opportunity for individuals looking to develop their international experience with a world-renowned consultant.
You will also be expected to demonstrate the following qualities:
• Professional approach
• Strong communication skills, written and verbal
• Team working, being comfortable working in international teams
• Additional Information (if any)
• Excellent working knowledge of the following software: AutoCAD, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Sketch Up, Adobe CS5 (Photoshop/InDesign/Illustrator)
• Ability to hand draw sketches and work on 3D software like Max, SketchUp will be an added advantage
• Understanding and working knowledge of sustainable design
• Strong attention to detail and ability to make sound judgements
• Aspiration to achieve chartered status with the relevant international professional institution
• Drive to continuously develop technical & behavioural skills
• Ability to apply technical knowledge in analysing problems and creating solutions
• Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English essential
• Ability to adapt to changing environment
• Ability to multi-task and deliver to tight deadlines
• Good team player whilst remaining self motivated
• Excellent problem solving abilities
• Excellent time management and prioritisation
• Creative thinker with a can do attitude
Minimum degree qualification with 2:1 (60% or above) in Architecture with a further specialisation in Landscape Architecture or Urban Design
• Minimum 2 years of relevant post graduate work experience. Experience of working on international standards is an added advantage.
• Experience of working on Landscape Architecture or Urban Design projects.
• Proven project experience taking designs from initial client consultation and Concept Design to construction delivery; and demonstrate well-developed technical and professional skills appropriate to our current project workload.
• Experience of working with and managing CAD resources.
We offer an excellent package which includes:
• A competitive salary
• Accommodation allowance
• Transportation allowance
• Medical and life insurance cover
• Company gratuity scheme
• Discretionary bonus scheme
• Annual flight allowance to point of origin
• Employee Well-Being Programme – 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers’ needs, our vision is to: focus on quality seek world class design and excellence strive to add value be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).