Job description / Role
- Assist to monitor and manage all maintenance planning projects, Setup new contracts and distribute the work orders accordingly among the staff in order to ensure timely completion of all maintenance activities within the acceptable levels set by DGSAS and the Company.
- Prepare long term and short term maintenance planning schedule in liaison with the respective user department in order to ensure availability of aircraft- maintenance item as per A-B-C- D Check requirements and allocate the work orders accordingly to subordinates.
Maintenance Planning, Supervision and Assistance
- Plan all scheduled and-or unscheduled aircraft maintenance activities and oversee entire operations to ensure timely completion of all aircraft maintenance activities.
- Constantly monitor the floor operations to ensure that all staff are well trained in carrying out maintenance works.
- Promote and encourage development of staff through various talent management and development programs.
- Constantly review and recommend all necessary changes in maintenance planning operations, policies and procedures and other applicable changes to Manager-Maintenance Planning in order to improve efficiency in meeting the company objectives.
- Update the maintenance aircraft schedule as per job completion in order to facilitate smooth approval from DGSAS
- Check the requirements of spares to carry out maintenance activities as per schedule and liaise with Base Maintenance to ensure if the maintenance works is carried out in house or outsourced. Accordingly take necessary actions steps to achieve timely completion of all maintenance activities
- Check for all carried forward & defer defects maintenance works and allocate next available slots to complete the pending works.
- Receive engineering orders from the manufactures on the service bulletins , review and place order for materials, spares, tools, and create job in the system. Based on which, inform the maintenance staff to carry out the maintenance activities
- Receive flight schedule from the Commercial department to provide and ensure that enough time is allotted for carrying out maintenance works.
- Liaise with Flight Operations to carry out test flight maintenance requirements.
- Coordinate with Base Maintenance section to understand the priority of the Checks and accordingly devise "package preparation" to carry out the maintenance activities as per Checks priority.
- Coordinate with Flight Operations department to check the flight schedule for Aircraft Swapping in case of technical snag on ground.
- Inform Commercial department on non-availability period of those flight received for maintenance activities.
6. Negotiate with Commercial department to get flight schedule in order to plan and organize schedule for aircraft maintenance.
Bachelor degree in Engineering preferably in Mechanical/Aero/Electrical Engineering with 6 years of relevant experience in Airline Engineering division / large scale automotive industry OR Two years college diploma in Engineering with 8 years of relevant experience OR LWTR with 12 years of relevant experience.
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.