Job description / Role
- Work will all different stakeholders within Engineering department for all their maintenance arrangement requirements that require subcontracting and establishment of maintenance contract for all processes including the raising of the tender and RFPs and negotiation and finalization of maintenance contract along with the respective stakeholders within the Engineering Department.
- Work in coordination with departments in the Engineering department to provide Contractual expertise for all technical contracts and programs related to awarding the project in order to ensure adherence to all contract terms whilst awarding the contract and during the validity of the contracts and helping the senior management to arrive at the best option and undertake necessary action steps in closing the deal.
- Prepare, assemble and evaluate aircraft-engine-equipment complex proposals for management appraisal and negotiate best possible techno-commercial terms for Oman Air.
- With liaison with Production & Planning Department, arrange cost effective sub-contract of repair work of aircraft, engine and component for which in-house facilities are not available or feasible
- Ensure that all contracts meet Company and legislative requirements within completion schedules.
- Provide to the relevant Engineering units a summary of the contractual product support terms available in Oman Air contracts.
- Assist DE-Warranties when required with vendors-manufacturers disputed warranty & guarantee claims by building up an effective case based on technical and contractual justification for seeking solutions and remedies to maximize benefits to Oman Air.
- Liaise and participate in negotiations as required with Oman Air Legal Department on contractual matters
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Engineering or Graduate in Aeronautics or Licensed Aircraft Engineer with 06 years of relevant experience preferably in an airline engineering Operations / Technical section / Contracts. OR Two years college Diploma in Engineering with 08 years of relevant experience.
Special Skills & Knowledge:
- Proficiency in English (Reading and Writing), Proficiency in MS office.
- Technical experience related to aircraft maintenance
- Excellent Communication, negotiation and persuasion skills
- Good analytical skills OR Specialized certificate / license in the related field with Secondary School
- Having 12 years of WY / Aviation experience in similar functions
About the Company
Oman Air, the flagship company of the Sultanate of Oman's Civil Aviation sector, commenced operations in 1993. Starting off as a regional player, Oman Air, as Oman's national carrier has witnessed rapid growth in the last 14 years. Oman Air has played a major role in making Muscat a major traffic hub in the Middle East providing a fillip to commercial, industrial and tourism activities.
As a full-fledged commercial airline of Oman, Oman Air has striven to maintain high performance standards in all aspects of its operation. The Oman International Services was established in the year 1970 & later Oman Aviation Services was founded on 1981 to extend services to the other airlines in terms of cargo handling, ground handling etc.
The Oman Air fleet consists of most modern and fuel- efficient aircraft with aesthetically designed interiors. Ultra- modern in-flight service equipment is deployed onboard to improve safety and overall performance. Investment in new technology, planning and product innovation has propelled Oman Air to the forefront of the aviation industry.