Job description / Role
The role holder is responsible for handing cash, credit card transactions; gift vouchers etc. The job holder is also responsible for daily accounting for all Cash/ credit card/ gift voucher transactions and reconciliation for the store.
• Ensures that the prices are updated regularly in the system
• Ensures counting of cash after the last customer leaves the showroom
• Ensures proper rates/ denominations of currencies
• Conducts security checks for the currency/ credit cards/ cheques etc. when required
• Removes security tags from garments and items purchased by customer
• Advices customers on the availability of gift vouchers and other concept promotions as applicable
• Takes full responsibility for the security of their designated till and the cash and other valuables within
• Provides pricing information by answering questions
• Counts money in cash drawers at the beginning of shifts to ensure that amounts are correct and that there is adequate change
• Follows the close down procedures for their designated till at the end of trading
• Defines performance goals at the start of the year in discussion with the reporting manager and ensures that the goals are achieved during the course of the year.
• Takes ownership of his/her own learning agenda by identifying development needs in consultation with the manager and agreeing on the individual development plan.
• Keeps abreast of professional developments, new techniques and current issues through continued education and professional growth.
Educational Qualifications and Certificates
• High School Diploma
• A minimum of 1-3 years of relevant experience
• Written and spoken English is essential.
• Knowledge of credit card transaction operations
About the Company
Established in 1978, by the Baker family who still own and manage the company today, Gulf Marketing Group is one of the Middle East's leading, family owned companies. Gulf Marketing Group operates regionally, across the GCC and boasts a diverse portfolio of brands, retail outlets and services. Gulf Marketing Group subsidiaries operate in key sectors such as retail and distribution of sporting goods and lifestyle brands, health and fitness, food and food processing, integrated 3PL logistics, real estate, healthcare and pharmacies, education and technology. Since 1978, Gulf Marketing Group has introduced more than 90 international brands into the Middle East, as well as building the reputation of our homegrown brands as reliable and quality driven companies.
We are proud to be one of the top 10 retailers in the Gulf region with:
- More than three decades experience managing international brands in local environments
- A prestigious portfolio of world class brand partners
- Anchor tenancy in all major GCC shopping malls
- A proven track record of securing exclusive retail and distributor agreements
- An experienced management team
- Strong customer relationships