This position is closed or expired.
See other Chemical Engineering jobs
Oman Marketing and Services Company (Omasco) is a leading trading, property and financial services business in the Sultanate of Oman with key activities in automotive, marine, electronics, projects and engineering, industrial products and other services. Established in 1974, the company represents leading world-renowned brands and strives to be one of the most respected companies in Oman. The Sultanate of Oman holds a well deserved reputation as a highly desirable lifestyle location on the Indian Ocean coast of the Arab Peninsular.
Omasco is represented across Oman with sales and service teams based in each key city or town.Â The team in Omasco is highly motivated towards trying to provide an excellent customer experience supported by regular training by the franchise Principals to ensure all products can be properly serviced and maintained.
The company holds exclusive distributorship rights in Oman for many world-class brands including Honda, Panasonic, Toyo, Yanmar, GE, Black & Decker, Raymond Weil, Kolber, Dow, Prominent, Culligan, Alba, Aftron, Hamilton Jet , YMI(Yamaha Music Instruments), and ADNOC.
We are currently looking to recruit a Chemical Sales Engineer for our Industrial Products division to work in the OMASCO offices in Muscat.
Reporting to the Divisional Manager, you will be responsible for the following:
* Identifying and developing new markets for sales and related services
* Developing and managing the existing client base
* Implementing the Sales strategy of the organisation to achieve maximum revenue and collection goals
* Implementing the service plan for ensuring that the products are performing as per the customer's needs
* Maximising revenue per client, deal size and revenue
* Growinga revenue from each client and building a balanced portfolio of clients across industries and geographies to de-risk revenue growth
* Tracking competitors and their strategies and building on company's market share in each product
* Maintaining sound relationship with principals to obtain market support
* Monitoring and recording marketing spends
* Keeping an eye on new projects coming up and formulating the strategy for gaining the business
To be considered for this role you must have:
* 4-6 years experience as a Sales Engineer ofÂ chemical products in Oman / GCC
* A degree in Chemical Engineering
* A post graduate degree in Marketing/Business Administration is a bonus
* Experience in formulation and implementation of sales plan
* Knowledge on Chemicals, Related services
* Conversant with competition analysis and benchmarking
* Experienced in threat assessment of substitute products
* Familiar with assessment of barriers to entry
* Experienced in pricing strategy
About the Company
Established in the 1930's, the Al-Futtaim Group initially operated as a trading enterprise. Rapid development throughout the 1940's and 50's saw it establish itself regionally as an integrated commercial, industrial and services organisation, positioning itself one of the leading business houses in the lower Gulf region. Today, it operates collectively over 40 companies bearing the Al-Futtaim name, dominates many market segments in the UAE, and has expanded its sphere of operation to include Bahrain, Kuwait, Qatar, Oman and Egypt.
The Group comprises a diverse range of strategically positioned operating subsidiaries and associate companies, structured to give the Al-Futtaim Group the flexibility and versatility to keep ahead of local competition while keeping pace with the ever-evolving global business scenario. The Groups continued investment in world-class systems technology is clear evidence of its commitment to maintain leading edge performance and service delivery.
The success of the Al-Futtaim Group can be attributed to a business approach that combines the ability to change with the traditional values of integrity, service and social responsibility that define its core business philosophy. This, linked with the Groups belief in decentralisation, gives the heads of the operating companies a high degree of functional autonomy and authority, providing the Group with essential flexibility, and individual employees a clearly defined work culture and sense of responsibility.