Job description / Role
We are currently looking for a Commercial / Contracts Manager with a minimum of 12 years' experience to work on healthcare projects in the Sultanate of Oman
- Overall responsibility for the Commercial / Contract performance of the project team
- Report to the Project Manager and on the earned value progress, costs to complete and quality of change control and justifications of valid delays being provided by the design teams.
- Monitoring all commercial indicators at all stages, to ensure that accurate and professional cost to complete computations against clear work scopes are delivered by the Project teams.
- Professional interface and liaison with design team and clients' representative
- Ensure the quality and timeliness of Commercial / Contract inputs to the Project Manager
- Monitor and report to the Project Manager the design and PM's team's adherence to the Commercial / Contractual procedures described in the Project Execution Plan
- Create a positive and proactive approach to Commercial / Contract process
- Administration of all contracts and subcontracts
- Conduct commercial team meetings, commercial briefings to Project and senior Regional management staff.
- Deliver agreed Commercial / Contractual actions
- Establish and maintain regular invoicing in accordance with the contract, paying strict attention to cashflow
- Western educated, fluent English speaker with excellent written and reading skills
- Extensive Construction / Contractor background
- Degree qualified in an engineering or relevant Commercial / Contracts and or cost management discipline
- Specifically commercially astute
- Member of a recognised professional institution
- Minimum of 12 years of post graduate professional experience of which 10 in a similar position within the consultancy /construction industry, healthcare sector.
- Senior level Commercial / Contracts experience on at least one major property design and construct project
- Proven background and experience in management of commercial change control, consultant claims and justification of extensions of time.
- Computer literate in the essential M'Soft software, ie Word, Excel and relevant presentation programmes.
- Administrative skills
- Delegation skills
- Relevant similar experience within the Middle East
SNC Lavalin's Faithful+Gould business is one of the world's leading integrated project and programme management consultancies; with over 2,400 professionals operating worldwide.
Our aim is to protect and maximise our clients' interests throughout the planning and delivery of projects, ensuring they are delivered on time, on budget. We pride ourselves on collaborating with client teams and developing long-term relationships.
Key services include, Project management, programme management, project controls, commercial management, cost management and expert scheduling and construction planning.
Our industry is going through a digital transformation and we have been investing in and pioneering digital methods to improve all aspects of our service. We have focussed our digital transformation around platform modernisation and product development and through standardisation and automation, we are achieving efficiencies that are directly passed on our clients who benefit from a consistent quality of service as well as the savings.
Active in the Middle East for over 20 years, we have offices in the UAE, Qatar, Oman and Saudi Arabia. We hire and retain the best people in the industry. Our success is built on recruiting - and then developing - brilliant people from a broad range of professional and cultural backgrounds. It's precisely this diversity of talent that sets us apart.
Acquired by SNC Lavalin in 2017, we also have an extensive depth of geographic exposure across 50 countries and the breadth of 53,000 experts. As one of the largest engineering contractors, we have access to 17,000 staff in the Middle East making us one of the largest multidisciplinary consultancies in the region.
Rewards & Benefits
We offer an excellent package which includes
- A competitive salary
- Transportation allowance
- Medical and life insurance cover
- 22 calendar days annual leave
- Medical and life insurance cover
- Company gratuity scheme
- Discretionary bonus scheme
- Annual flight allowance to point of origin
- Employee Well-Being Programme - 24 hour free advice on financial, legal and family care specialists and also access to personal health, fitness and nutrition consultants
About the Company
Atkins is one of the leading providers of professional, technology based consultancy and support services to the industry, commerce and governments in all of the worlds major economies. With over 17,000 staff operating in Europe, the Middle East, Asia Pacific and the Americas, Atkins has a broad range of skills and resources and provides Clients with a comprehensive service throughout the entire life cycle of the projects in the built environment.
We aim to be the international first choice supplier of technical and integrated services. Shaped by our customers' needs, our vision is to:
- focus on quality
- seek world class design and excellence
- strive to add value
- be flexible to the evolving needs of a changing society
Atkins first carried out design and supervision commissions in the Gulf area in 1967. From its regional head office in Dubai, U.A.E. Atkins Middle East now employs over 2000 staff located in Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah, Oman (Muscat ), Qatar (Doha) Bahrain (Manama), Kuwait (Kuwait City) and India (Bangalore).