Job description / Role
Purpose of the Job
As Commissioning Engineer C&A , you will plan, monitor and co-ordinate the activities of the C&A Commissioning and Start-up (CSU). This will entail building the Commissioning plan, developing Commissioning procedures and populating the Completions System. You will be integral in the resourcing of the commissioning team and control of C&A commissioning technician workforce. The role involves both creation of specific commissioning systems, field execution and to oversee the contractors in fulfillment of their duties under the contract.
The Commissioning Engineer C&A is responsible for co-coordinating all C&A activities to ensure that the project meets its obligations to company to startup first time on time and on budget with an admiral HSE record, and to interface with the CSU team to ensure that all areas of the project contribute to these goals. Principal responsibilities/accountabilities of the Startup and Commissioning Team are:
• To ensure that and all persons within the filed Commissioning fully comply with all company standards & Project HSE requirements. Achieve Project Target of Zero LTI.
• Develop the C&A Commissioning Strategy and Manage to deliver commissioning scope
• Promote commissioning health, safety and environmental awareness through inductions, training, inspection and promotions.
• Implement the company PTW system on livening up systems and manage concurrent work locations with construction.
• Assure compliance to company & Project standards.
• Conduct compliance reviews in keeping with the Project and Contractors HSE Plans.
• Assist in investigation all incidents/accidents and near misses and present reports accordingly.
• Assure implementation of the Training Program, HSE Plan, HSE Management System and Permit to Work System in the commissioning phase.
• Develop Commissioning Plan and deliverables based on project integrated plan and the systematic completions tool.
• Participate in developing Mobilization Plan and staff model.
• Own the completions system (Zenator)
• Prepare the system commissioning Procedures
• Drive Commissioning plan to RFO (Ready for Operations)
• Engage in the implementation of the HSE-MS within the Project.
• Develop Document handover package
• Interface with Construction so as to drive MC to fit the agreed Commissioning plan.
• Ensure all compliance documentation is handed over to Operations.
• Ensure that performance standards are written into the commissioning procedures, along with appropriate witness points – thus demonstrating Technical Integrity.
• Participate in After Action Review so as to capture future project learning’s.
• Ensure site Commissioning team have an ingrained Safety culture by implementing the STOP system for all staff and contractors during commissioning.
• To contribute towards Flawless Project Delivery (FPD) implementation.
• Encourage a sustainable development culture through education on conservation of energy, reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions etc. and long term affects to the local communities.
• A minimum of 5 years Experienced Commissioning Professional, with BSc/HND or Equivalent in an Engineering Discipline
• A minimum of 10 years of experience in Project / Facilities / Construction Engineering or Operations work.
• Good inter-personal, communications, influencing and presentation skills are essential.
• Team player. Excellent inter-personal and leadership skills with good communications skills (i.e. report writing and presentations) are essential. Working under pressure in challenging environment.
• Ability to successfully manage relationships with key stakeholders.
• Capable of rigorously implementing and enforcing global standards, procedures and HSE work processes. Key Competencies required are outlined below.
Key Competencies Required
• HEMP for Significant Risks / HSE Cases
• Health Impact Assessment
• Safety Behavior Improvement & HSE Culture
• Emergency Response
• HSSE Leadership and Commitment
• Incident Classification, Investigation & Reporting
• Integrate HSSE into Biz plan & Procedures
• Organization, Responsibilities & Resource
• Safe Systems of Work / Personal Safety
• Drugs and Alcohol Management
• Fitness to Work
• Local Health Facilities & Medical Emergency
• Engineering and Commissioning
• Manage Interfaces
• Operate Oil and Gas Facilities
• Concurrent operations of Drilling, Construction, Operations and Commissioning
• Ensuring the design and plans reflect the desire to have a phased start up become a reality.
• Building and mobilizing a team with enough talent
The development opportunities include working in a multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary environment, exposure to a large community / international Contractor, manufacturers, experienced consultants from Shell and other organizations. Exposure to EOR (Enhanced Oil Recovery) techniques are very much seen as PDO future core business.
About the Company
Vision Advanced Petroleum Solutions (VAPS) is a professional petroleum engineering consultancy and services that has been established in 2008 with employees of over 30 years of experience in the sector of Oil&Gas upstream business.
Our extensive experience in the oil and gas industry has enabled us to gain remarkable position where we are able to deliver practical and cost effective solutions.
Our vision is to become the lead solutions provider for the oil and gas sector in the globe.