Job description / Role
This position will be required to carry out the commissioning activities for process systems within the site commissioning team for building new oil station with its associated off plot.
• Support on the establishment of the strategies, plans and targets for the define and execute phase to ensure that key project objectives are met in respect to HSE, quality/performance, schedule and cost.
• Ensure compliance with engineering procedures, International codes, standards & approved codes of practice
• Responsible for reviewing and approving of all Commissioning process engineering documents created by the contractor
• Commissioning experience, Commissioning Execution and strategy development; procedures scheduling and set up; field execution of pre-commissioning, commissioning and start-up, maintenance management, turnover and certification procedures and systems together with operations management.
• Pre-commissioning, commissioning, start-up, and operation of Oil and Gas Facilities.
• Support operation in all phases of commissioning, start-up and initial operations.
• Interface with EPC GPP Commissioning Lead, and all contractor commissioning teams.
• Preparation of Start-up/Operating procedures, updating procedures, and follow up the adherence to Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning procedures.
• Attendance/input to pre and post start-up HAZOP/HAZIDs and SIMOPS.
• Commissioning Team maintenance and Input to WinPCS project completions system.
• Stand-by / on-call duties when required; and
• Any other related tasks that you are asked to do.
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Minimum Bachelor degree in process engineering
• Minimum of 6 years’ experience in oil and gas operations, Exposure to desert operations
• Significant experience in the design, construction, pre-commissioning and commissioning of electrical equipment/systems in the upstream or downstream Oil & Gas facilities and with proven leadership capability.
• Skilled in electrical equipment/systems pre-commissioning and commissioning planning and execution and capable of overseeing embedment of Flawless Start Up initiatives in projects.
• Conversant in local and international electrical standards, codes and practices
• Experience in computerized Project Completion and Certification System
• Experience in EPC Contract management.
• Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills with good communications skills are essential
• Thorough understanding of the risks and the technical/commercial issues associated with the development of oil and gas projects and operation of such plants/facilities.
• The job demands a high standard of verbal & written English, a strong team player with highly effective communications / interpersonal & coaching skills, and PC literacy
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.