Job description / Role
The Data Network Engineer is an expert specialized in LAN/WAN systems, wired and wireless, within high level complex integrated projects. The role has the following peculiarities:
- Capability to work in a multicultural environment and interface internal and external stakeholders.
- The Engineer can act as system engineer, lead engineer, project engineering manager depending from the project and the experience.
- Capability to work closely with vendors and stakeholders to deploy solutions from design to user acceptance.
- Capability to provide System engineering services such as system design, implementation, configuration and commissioning.
- Specialized in network engineering, this role will provide network system engineering, design, configuration and implementation.
- Ability to define and implement the design of a network system in compliance to established system architecture, project specifications and drawings, security policies, standards and best practices, and ability to author and maintain support documentation
- Provisioning of technical services for new system proposals including Bill Of Material implementation and system optimization advices
- Preparation of technical documentation such as System Description, System Manual, System Specification, etc..
- Capability to coordinate with the CAD department by providing all the required inputs for the production of documents such as General Arrangement, System Block Diagrams, System Interconnection, preliminary detailed design engineering drawings including as-built drawings, etc.
- Active participation in meeting with customers, consultants, manufacturers and other technical personnel.
- Ability to create detailed technical design specifications and use cases.
- Expert working knowledge of networking and routing protocol such as TCP/IP, OSPF, LAN switching including VLANs, VLAN aggregation, LAG, LACP, VRRP, PVLANs, Spanning Tree, 802.1X, 802.1Q.
- Expert working knowledge of firewall technologies including IPSEC/SSL VPN, ACL, App & User-ID, and firewall management tools.
- Experience in working with cabling infrastructure vendors.
- Extensive experience with Juniper portfolio including JUNOS, EX switching and SRX firewall and Palo Alto Networks firewall.
- Experience with Cisco IOS, Nexus switches, ASA firewalls, ISR Routers.
- Experience with IP telephony is a plus.
- Experience with various tools including SNMP monitoring, Syslog, packet capturing (Wireshark), NetBrain, network load testing, and application performance.
- Proficient Pc Skills Including Word Processing, Spreadsheet, Project And Presentation Software, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio.
- Experience in working with Cisco Commerce Workspace.
- Bachelor's degree in Telecommunication Engineering or equivalent (required).
- 7+ Years in Large Scale Network System Design, Implementation, Site Supervision and Commissioning.
- CCNA or equivalent (required).
- CCNP or equivalent (preferred skill).
- English (fluent written and spoken) is required.
- Arab (preferred skill).
- Teamwork skills, Communication Skills, Presentation and Facilitating skills.
About the Company
Page Europa, headquartered in Rome, Italy, has more than 50 years experience in the implementation of large scale industrial, civil and military turnkey projects worldwide.
Page Europa today is a world-class engineering, integration and installation company, supplying fully-integrated, large and complex solutions including:
- Fixed and transportable telecommunications, information systems and networks
- Intrusion detection, access control, anti-sabotage, video-surveillance and security systems
- Local and remote automation for all Industries, including SCADA, DCS, PLC, ESD, application software, etc.
- Integrated HMI, software design, development and integration
MSI Qatar (Management Solutions International)
IP Security L2 Engineer
Manpower Middle East
IP Transport L2 Engineer
Manpower Middle East
International Payment Services (IPS)
Junior IT Field Support Specialist