Job description / Role
Urgent requirement for the post of DBA Consultant for Muscat, Oman.
• Track & Document tasks especially long tasks and project activities. Build a knowledge base of regular tasks, potential issues etc.
• Capture best practices, draft QMS processes optimize organizational effectiveness.
• Align with supervisor to meet the objective of the organizational expectation.
• Have regular communication with supervisors & other team members.
Key Tasks and Duties – Database Administration:
• Primary: Oracle
• Secondary: MSSQL, MySQL, MongoDB, Postgres
• Manage all database configuration including installing and upgrading DBMS software servers and application tools, ensuring that version and change control procedures are observed, applying fixes, maintaining overall health of databases, ETL and other related applications.
• Monitor database activity and ensure efficient access to data, and sufficient allocated resources. Undertakes regular exercises to optimize database performance using daily check list and pattern of effort.
• Maintain databases in accordance with database/system security policies.
• Ensure database services meeting RPO and RTO of business. Plan for backup and recovery of database, planning and managing exercises to prove recovery procedures.
• Through problem management process, database problems are investigated, diagnosed and resolved.
• Optimize database performance through periodic re-org activity on database & automate reoccurring activities in available tool. Prevent or minimize recurrence of database issues.
• Forecast DB growth
• Work on storage usage optimization and cleanup activities for data older than retention policy
• Design and Implement backup and recovery for databases
• Implement DB failover technology
• Estimate future DB trends for H/W usage & user load.
• Implement new solutions in the field as needed by the organization
Experience – 6 years in database management and RDBMS architecture with in depth experience in Unix admin and scripting required for database administration. In addition good experience in used Data warehousing concepts in analysing and ETL technologies.
Qualifications – Degree in Computer Science
Additional skills include:
• Team working
• Good report writing skills
• Good planning skills
• Excellent Written and verbal communication skills
• Good Inter-personal skills
• Excellent communication skills
• Good written and spoken English
About the Company
Talent Arabia is a professional staffing, recruitment, digital marketing, website design, development and training company. We provide time bound, cost effective and value-added services for technology innovative business solutions that require specialized domain expertise.
We at Talent Arabia are not just service provider, we are problem solvers. We are your go to company for web development, recruitment, outsourcing and trainings. If you are stuck and looking for a solution we are the right match.
Our goal is to add value to your business by helping and providing solutions to your needs in recruitment, outsourcing, web/SaaS development, digital marketing, corporate and individual trainings.
Our governance is simple, flexible, and focused on providing end results to our clients. We value our customer relationships and take extra steps to ensure that our customers are always satisfied.
Financial Functional Consultant
Assistant General Manager
Business Development Manager
Sales Representative / Market Developer
Data Warehouse IT Analyst