Job description / Role
The Digital Insights and Optimization Analyst contributes to MMG's success by providing analysis, optimization testing, reporting, and actionable recommendations to the Digital division.
• The role brings significant analytical rigor to bear on a broad range of data and testing assets to identify opportunities and evaluate the success of programs aimed at improving customer experience, engagement, and ROI.
• Tracks, analyzes, and communicates customer, campaign, website, mobile, and sales behavior.
• Conducts a/b/n, multivariate, and algorithmic testing, and report results in a clear and compelling manner.
• Demonstrates strong understanding of business issues and operates using independent judgment with little need for oversight.
• Helps provide actionable recommendations to influence business plans affecting all new and existing site features and functionality.
• Uses a broad range of existing customer data to identify and evaluate opportunities for targeting and personalization.
• Identifies trends and anomalies while developing theories to explain them.
• Constantly seeks opportunities for collaboration and feedback from others.
• Constantly self-educates and learns while doing in a complex and dynamic environment.
• Supports user adoption of analytics to enable data-driven decision making.
• Supports data and testing governance efforts.
• Minimum of 3+ years of experience in developing sound analytics-based solutions to business problems
• Demonstrated ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex quantitative subject matter to non-quant audiences, both orally and in writing
• Experience in experimental design, model selection, execution, and maintenance (experience in A/B/n testing preferred)
• Awareness of hypothesis testing concepts and practices (representative data, sample sizes, statistical significance, etc.)
• General understanding of digital retail operations (customer pathing, marketing channels, funnel conversion, targeting, and personalization, digital merchandizing)
• Experience working cross-divisionally to accomplish goals
• Self-starter who thrives on autonomy while demonstrating a collaborative spirit
• Proficiency in SQL
• Proficiency in use of data visualization software (Tableau preferred)
• Web-based analytical tool experience (Adobe Analytics preferred)
About the Company
Muscat Media Group is the media gateway to the population of Oman - from the young, ambitious Omani workforce, to the vibrant expat community, the power-players, the decision-makers, the global travelers and the casual vacationers
With strong brands in print, digital, video and FM Radio; being present on our platforms would be the smartest way to reach your potential customers. Contact us to help you meet your marketing goals in Oman.