Job description / Role
GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
This role will also be responsible for executing all the on-site work related to the SCADA integration services, maintenance and support contracts (preventive and curative actions) such as SCADA commissioning activities, executing periodical hardware, IT and Software audits, solving SW/HW/IT issues and producing technical reports.
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Perform all the required work assigned by his leader for the activities on-site in Oman (SCADA and Maintenance) with support from local and regional team, ensure that work is completed in-line with the procedures in place and meeting GE contractual obligations.
- Contribute in project execution through continuous improvement via the adoption of global tools and processes and cost competitiveness actions.
- Works directly with the customer or his representative to resolve any technical issues that may develop. Keeps customers abreast of technical developments.
- Contribute in SWS project execution related to maintenance under the scope of EMS/MMS software, hardware, IT, and Third party to meet the contractual obligation in terms of response time and resolution time.
- Prepare project documentation, method statements, safety procedures, test and quality procedures relating to the work in the control centre(s).
- Generate weekly/monthly reports of main actions performed and main problems identified (with different solutions possible) for the weekly meeting with the customer or his representative.
- Coordinate the shutdowns and witnessing / inspection of work by the customer or his representative.
- Establish and maintain an appropriate communication with customer in order to build trust and intimacy.
- Comply and contribute to elaboration of relevant Quality Procedures, work instructions and Processes in Quality Management System
- Report or resolve any process non-conformance in a timely manner
Health and Safety
- Demonstrate EHS compliance and ensure Zero Deviation Plan is implemented in his area of responsibility
- Sets the example by demonstrating the proper acts and actively observes work conditions.
- Actively participates in defining corrective actions when work is unsafe or when an uncontrolled risk is observed.
- Routinely observes routines and behaviours of others and provides immediate feedback regarding unsafe behaviour and celebrates achievements or safe behaviours.
- Actively and routinely promotes the identification of hazards and near misses.
- Customer Satisfaction [P-NPS]
- On Time Delivery
- Cost deviation + committed budget (effort) deviation
- Software Delivery Processes Compliance
- Degree level or equivalent experience
Desired Knowledge & Experience
- Fresh graduate in Software computer, IT
- Highly collaborative and able to work across the organization to accomplish common goals
- Able to use every opportunity to learn, grow and build the self-confidence.
Locations: Oman; Muscat
About the Company
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE\'s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE\'s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it\'s the world\'s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world\'s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.