Job description / Role
Responsible for witnessing of inspection and testing of all electrical and instrumentation related activating at site and ensuring the adherence of contractor/ vendor to company quality control/ assurance policies.
• Implement Company and Project(s) Quality Management System
• Conduct Inspection and Tests in accordance with approved Inspection & Test Plan (I&TPs)
• Monitor Contractor and Sub-Contractor Quality Control (QC) personnel in the execution of their duties
• Implement Company Non-Conformance Procedure including reporting and follow-up with corrective and preventative actions
• Participate in Site Quality Audits of Company, Contractor and Sub-contractors as part of Company QA audit team in accordance with Company Quality Assurance Audit Procedure
• Attend hold, witness and spot-witness site inspections in accordance with approved Inspection and Test Plans
• Review and endorsement of Contractor & Vendor quality deliverables.
• Ensure to Work safely and think proactively about personal safety and safety of others at work
• Actively participate in, contribute to, and promote company occupational health, safety, security and environment culture.
• Ensure work is carried out in accordance with the Company HSE and Security policies and procedures and meet company HSE goals and targets, and participate in HSE programs.
• Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Instrumentation engineering discipline (or equivalent)
• Minimum 8 years in QC on Oil & Gas Construction EPCC Projects
• Work experience with Process Controls & Instrumentation / SCADA systems on Oil & Gas
• Construction EPCC Projects
• Familiar with Industry standards such as API, BS, IEEE, ASTM, NFPA, etc.
• Familiar with Electrical Installation and Testing for the Oil & Gas Industry
• Has participated in QA audits
• Familiar with Permit to Work (PTW) Procedures
• Persuasive both to management and employees in enforcing QA/QC
• Able to conduct Electrical Installation Inspection, including; switchgear, motors, lighting, low, medium and high voltage systems, grounding, CP’s systems, batteries and chargers, heat tracing, etc., in accordance with Project Codes, Standards and Procedures
• Familiarity with current construction techniques & procedures & installations in areas of
• explosion hazard. Familiarity with API, BS, EN, IEC, IP, ISO, NEMA standards & codes of practice.
• Familiar with field instrumentation and impulse lines, control, safeguarding, logic and safety systems including fire and gas detection analyser systems.
• Experience with telecom system installation inspection and testing including review of I&TP, loop test packages review and witness, wiring, review of manufacturer’s QC records.
• Experience in instrumentation tubing, power/signal check, installation check on fire and gas detection instrumentation, punch listing, pre-commission tests, witness, review final QC documents.
• Familiar with testing and calibration procedures and commissioning plans
• Sound background in Oil & Gas Electrical Installation and Testing
• Preferably IRCA certified ISO 9001: 2008 QMS Auditor
• Very good written and spoken English with good communication skill
• Fully conversant with MS Office and MS Project
About the Company
Swisslinx Middle East is a leading executive search firm in the region. We specialise in recruitment solutions, talent acquisition and career advice across a wide range of markets within the financial services sector.
We are located in the heart of the Dubai International Financial Centre (DIFC) which gives us unrivalled access to onshore Middle Eastern clients and candidates. We also partner with clients in London, Zurich, Geneva, Zug, Frankfurt and Paris and have been instrumental in establishing onshore Middle Eastern and Emerging Market teams.
We believe in building long-term relationships with our clients helping them develop successful, sustainable businesses. Transparency, trust and discretion drive the way in which we mediate between clients and candidates and ensure we consistently deliver results.