Job description / Role
• As an elementary school teacher, you have the opportunity to set the tone for learning for the rest of a student’s life.
• When students have a good, educational, happy experience during elementary school, they are more prepared to take on the challenges of middle school, high school and college.
• You are able to teach students to love learning and also how to overcome the challenges and obstacles they face that keep them from reaching their goals.
• While adhering to the core curriculum required by the state, you are able to find creative, engaging ways to teach students real-life application of difficult concepts like literature, math and science.
• Create daily lesson plans that are engaging, educational and exciting for the kids, encouraging them to want to come to school.
• Deliver lesson plans in a way that catches the attention of the students and keeps them occupied and excited about learning.
• Reach school and course-wide performance goals for every student in class.
• Watch closely for students who are struggling with emotional problems, learning disabilities or situations at home, and help them find the resources they need.
• Grade papers and homework regularly to keep students updated on how they are doing and to head any problems off before they become habit.
• Increase educational knowledge and stay up to date on new methods by joining professional organizations, attending continuing education courses and attending regular training sessions for teachers.
• Weave goals, competencies and objectives into lesson plans in ways that directly apply to the student’s life.
• Offer praise and encouragement to students when they do well and when they are struggling, and teach them that they have the power to do well in school no matter what.
• Prepare younger students for future education by teaching them vital subjects, such as reading, science and mathematics.
• Develop and enforce classroom rules to teach proper behavior.
• Engage students in learning and teach students how to study, communicate and work with others.
• Bachelor’s degree in elementary education
• Pass state certification exams designed to meet the needs of elementary students
• Specialization in either math, science or ESL
• ILSE Certification minimum 6.0
• 2-4 years of teaching experience
• Organized, capable and able to multitask
• Ability to develop critical thinking skills, learn to solve problems and understand abstract ideas.
• Excellent communicators with students, other staff, parents and administrators.
• Resourceful, Creative as well as patient.
• MS office & smart board
About the Company
Nojoom Al-Huda School is a private educational institution approved by the Ministry of Education. We are paying the bulk of our attention to education, striving to develop, improve and upgrade it. We are seeking to update, deepen, enrich and adapt current knowledge of the ever-changing world proceeding from the importance that the Sultanate gives to the development of human resources and the consolidation of approaches to scientific-thinking. And the composition of educated generation involved in the development process in order to be able to deal with local and global changes with efficiency and professionalism.
Some educational establishment, with a noble mission aiming to create the student's personality, ensure their education and provide them with the Islamic values, role models and self-respect. Committed to equal opportunity for high quality education for all the students enabling them to think in a creative and critical way, continuous education, tolerance, respect the others and gain the skills required for them to be productive citizens, actively participating in making the culture of their Omani community while preserving their heritage and customs.