Job description / Role
English Teacher, Oman
m2r Education are working with this accredited international school based in Sur, Oman. If you like great surroundings and excellent career progression, this is the school for you!
The school is fully owned and operated by Oman LNG Development Foundation (ODF) and opened its doors in 2002. From a modest student population of 50 students in its first year of operation, the numbers have steadily grown to close over 700 students. The first cohort of Grade 12 students graduated in 2010.
It is located inside the boundaries of the current housing complex for OLNG staff. The complex was built in 2002 and contains 130 villas, a large recreation club with two pools, a multipurpose sports hall, a park, a small commercial center, a clinic, a mosque, and several maintenance offices as well as a training center for OLNG employees. The complex, which sits mid-way between the OLNG Qalhat Plant and the city of Sur is only a fifteen-minute car ride from the center of town. Sur itself is located 93 miles (150 km) southeast of Muscat, the Omani capital. The two cities are connected by a brand new four lane highway, which offers drivers and passengers an opportunity to enjoy picturesque scenery.
Qualifications and Responsibilities
• All candidates must have Bachelor degree in education / teaching subject (no exceptions)
• Teachers should have between 3-5 years’ of relevant teaching experience
• International school experience is preferred
• Cambridge / English National Curriculum experience preferred
• Due to visa availability, teachers should be from: UK, US, Australia, New Zealand or Ireland
Benefits of teaching there:
• Competitive salary and benefits package
• Brand new school with a capacity for 1200 students, and 750 students transferring from the existing building.
• Great opportunities for career progression.
• State of the art facilities – swimming pools, sports halls, full size outdoor sports pitches, science labs, auditorium, state of the art IT infrastructure, dance rooms, drama room, IT suites.
• Amazing setting sandwiched between sandy beaches, mountains– fantastic if you like outdoor pursuits: diving, snorkeling, sailing, fishing, mountain-biking, camping, off-road driving.
• Peaceful with clean air.
• One-hour flight to Dubai from Muscat, with a budget airline operating several times a day
• Potential to save a considerable proportion of salary, with a lower cost of living than Dubai and other GCC countries.
• Good standard of accommodation, close to the beach.
• Membership of National Gas Company social clubs and facilities
• Preferential rates on car loans
• Subsidized canteen
• Great local restaurants with excellent seafood
• Family friendly
• Authentic Omani culture
• 2 year contract (renewable)
• FROM 1200 - 1800 OMR (£28k - £40k) TAX FREE, dependent upon experience - this INCLUDES the accomodation allowance of 300 OMR per month.
• Accommodation / allowance (Will be provided to overseas staff for the duration of their employment contract; 1 or 2 bed; subject to availability and need; Furniture, curtains / blinds, white goods, starter kit. Note: If this option is selected the accommodation allowance above will be deducted at source).
• Return flight allowance
• Initial flight to Oman is provided
• Schooling (100% for first and second children
• Medical insurance for family up to 2 children
• Paid leave in accordance with academic calendar
• Immediate start.
For safeguarding purposes, a valid police clearance certificate / DBS is required, plus 2 professional references.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, if you have not been contacted within 5 working days of submission then please consider your application to have been unsuccessful.
About the Company
Established in 2001, m2r Education is a multi award winning UK based firm offering a quality and ethical recruitment service to overseas organisations within the education & training sectors.
Our clients are viewed as valuable partners and include international schools, FE colleges, HE institutions, independent training centres and corporate organisations. Our aim is to develop long lasting relationships and help them grow by providing the best talent possible via an excellent customer experience.
Our candidates are treated with respect and professionalism at all times. We genuinely want to help and will advise you on your next overseas move. Having core values centred on integrity and quality, we will always do our utmost to help without pushing positions forward which are not necessarily suitable.
This is why we have won over 6 international business awards, been used as case studies by the British Government and received glowing references from those that have experienced our service.