Job description / Role
Please note this position is suitable for candidates who are able to accept a position on a Single Person Status i.e. no family. Your main office will be based in Muscat however you will be expected to travel across Oman to review the maintenance across multiple sites.
- You will lead the Facilities and Camps Maintenance teams, ensuring the maintenance of Camps assets are kept up-to-date & safety adherent.
- You will ensure proper maintenance of installed equipment (kitchen & laundry equipment, RO Plants, generators, Fire alarm systems, pumps, etc.).
- You will ensure preventive maintenance is done for all equipment and ensure all consumables are kept in store to attend emergency problems.
- Also you will ensure that proper maintenance reports and checklists are being maintained by all teams in SCC facilities.
- Any other duties requested by the Facilities Manager.
- Indian National.
- Bachelor/Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical engineering.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in facilities management & maintenance within labour camps & facilities.
- Technical expertise in Kitchen & Laundry equipment.
- Proven experience of managing a team.
- GCC experience
- Available immediately
- Good written and spoken English
About the Company
Operating in Oman since 1976, Sarooj Construction Company was re-structured in 2006 and has an established track-record and leading reputation for the provision of Earthworks, Geo-technical, Marine, Infrastructure, Airports, Roads, Buildings, Electrical & Mechanical Works and Site Temporary Facilities to the Oil & Gas and other construction industries in Oman.
Sarooj is part of Al Taher Group (ATG), a name that has been synonymous in the real estate sector, various engineering fields and the oil industry in the Sultanate since the 1970's.
Sarooj has 43 years of experience working in Oman on major Infrastructure projects and oilfield services for leading operating companies such as Petroleum Development Oman (Shell), British Petroleum (BP), OOCEP, Occidental and Total and has been involved in most of the flagship infrastructure projects in Oman such as Musandam Gas Plant, Musandam Independent Power Plant, Nimr Water Treatment Plant, Shinas Port, Al Mouj Resort, Madha Road and Haima Airstrip. Services provided have included the construction of some 1,500 Well Pads, 500,000 m³ of Concrete, 900 Kms between Roads & Bridges, 8,000,000 m³ of rock in Marine Works, first underpass in Oman, first Marine lighthouse, first UAE-Oman Border demarcation.
SCC continues to differentiate itself by perpetually instigating a culture based on its six core values with a significant growth over the next 5 years.
Safety | Superior Performance | Communication | People Focused | Integrity | Sustainability